New Fuel Line Help

druk

newb
I just installed the rubber fuel line upgrade kit from LarryB's on my 95 and I am having trouble getting it going again. I am trying to bleed the lines out and am having some issues. I pressurized the tank to get the new line filled to the LP then pumped the primer till no air was coming out. I started it an it started fine but died about 30 sec later. Looking back I guess it ran on the fuel in the pump/filter and no fuel got to the LP in the new lines.

Next day I pressurized the tank with the line removed from the LP and got fuel to come out into a cup.
I then attached it to the LP and pressurized the tank again with the bleeder bolt loose. No fuel or air was coming out of the bleeder when pressurized. I then tried to pump the LP to get the air out and got a ton of bubbled but barely any fuel no matter how much I pumped it. I checked all the new fittings and they are on good and tight and not leaking. LP is new and has been on there for about 2 weeks maybe 150 miles. Am I still not getting fuel at the LP? Should I try to take the line off and pressurize the tank again to move more fuel?
Any ideas to get it running again?

Try unhooking the grid heater, then starting it on ether. Ive never cracked the lines to bleed air, as i never have a helper . Just dont get stupid with the ether and it will be fine. My truck sat for a year with no injector lines, and it took less than 5 tries to get it going on ether.

I think I dont have fuel in the LP and as far as I know it wont push air. I am going to take the line off the LP in the morning and try to get more fuel through it then to the LP.

I think I dont have fuel in the LP and as far as I know it wont push air. I am going to take the line off the LP in the morning and try to get more fuel through it then to the LP.
Runing the engine on ether should let it prime

I have been messing with it for a few hours this morning, no joy. I first took the send line off the LP and pressurized the tank and had plenty of fuel coming out. hooked it back up and pushed the primer button with the bleeder open. a ton of air coming out but barely any fuel. eventually got fuel coming out of the bleeder. tried to crank it with 3 injectors cracked. It sounded like it wanted to fire with a little black smoke out the exhaust. Saw no fuel at the cracked injectors. cranked again and only got worse. tried bleeding again but no fuel or air was coming out of the bleeder. eventually got some fuel from the bleeder then tried cranking again, still no fuel at the injectors
It seems that the LP isnt sucking any fuel from the tank because every time i take the hose off the inlet nothing leaks out. Why isnt pressurizing the tank or priming or cranking getting any fuel to the LP?

I think there is an air leak somewhere in the line before the LP. I am going to try to track it down. It maybe the brass fitting n the back of the pump above the primer button. Would that be leaking fuel or just sucking in air?

I think there is an air leak somewhere in the line before the LP. I am going to try to track it down. It maybe the brass fitting n the back of the pump above the primer button. Would that be leaking fuel or just sucking in air?

It would leak if pressurized.don't really know if the lp is capable of sucking air but wouldn't put it past it. What all consist of the kit you bought?

the kit is from LarryB's: marine grade rubber send and return lines that connect at the fuel tank and OFV/LP. Adapter for the new hose at the LP and at the OFV.
I am going to get some diesel rated thread sealer and put it on the brass fitting into the LP to see if that stops the air leaks.

Any chance you FUBAR'd the install? Like wrong line going to where ever?

Next thought would be the fuel shut off solenoid.

I verified a few times that i have the lines routed to the right places.
During halftime (go bucks!) i went out and put thread sealer on the brass fitting into the LP and pumped the primer and saw a lot of fuel out of the bleeder where before it was almost all air. After the game i will go back out and see what i get when i try to bleed it.

It looks like the fitting at the LP was the issue. I put the thread sealer on it and bled it and fired right up. Then bled at the injectors and it is going good. And i have fuel pressure when the engine is off which it did not do before the new lines,i guess that confirms my suspicions that it was sucking air in the stock lines

Back