New head coming out?

ilm99cumminss

kinda curious of what the new head that is supposed to be out in the next 6 months I think I saw... whats different from the head that I can currently buy to the one ill be able to buy also whats the price difference going to be?

I believe he asking the difference between the current hamilton head, and the new warhead that is coming out.

So what it boils down to, is that head us junk compared to a current hamilton head. Hamiltons head is proven, the other head has a company with a poor reputation(fatt).

Hamiltons new warhead is a beast, raised ports, and all ports are identical, it will out perform anything on the market.

Cracker, thank you for the kind words but at this point it is all "allegedly" as I have not proven the HP numbers on the new head. The models on the flow bench did pretty darn good, and typically the bench numbers translate to gains on the dyno......... "allegedly". Our casting company came through last time, Hopefully they come through again. That being said, last time we were grabbing apples on the bottom branches. We are not up to the top branch yet, but we're getting to the top steps of the ladder for a 4.724" bore spacing. I am anal, a little OCD and I like round numbers, so I have a personal goal of 400CFM@.800" out of our Cummins War Heads ( got the cam all ready to go with it). Part technical challenge, part vanity, part why the heck not. I sure hope we can pull that off or I will spend the next 10 years beating my head against a brick wall. 400 CFM heads with 80mm cam cores and 16mm+ P&B's or Unit injectors (that do not have lines that act like accumulators), and sub 6 second passes will be the norm, as will broken shafts :)

No worries Shainer I like free markets, free forums etc. link up whatever.

As for the the OP question, our new head is taller, a lot taller. It has the potential for identical ports if you trim the front gear housing. If not, #1 will be off 10% approximately relative to 2-6.
Our current head tops out north of 350CFM with larger bores and valves for comparison.

The new head will have larger ports that act lazy in low rpm situations. In days past we tried to make a head that would do well on the street and on the track and we kind of failed at both. This time I don't care what it does on street trucks. As such, I will not try to mass produce it and make it cheap as dirt like I did last time. We are doing small runs which means much higher per piece cost and each head sale will incur a greater part of tooling cost. It will feature a solid top that mimics what an SMT plate does. If you want modular shaft rockers, just drill and tap the top deck. I forgot to add that in research studies, it was found that the new head makes men 53% more attractive to women. Also noted in the study....... men that had the new head were 85% more lonely due to the fact that they were usually so far ahead of the competition, there was nobody to talk to.*

I hope to make it as affordable(cause you can't say cheap) as possible to the end users to help level the playing field on the track. After that I plan on changing my life's direction to focus on reductions in fuel usage, which would benefit more people in the world than allowing the farmer with the biggest pocket book to best his neighbor in the dirt.
proposed cost
$2600 retail
$2300 dealer
$2,000 WD

* total crock

Last edited:
Why do you think you failed at making a good head that worked good on street and track? Ive heard nothing but good from people using one in both applications.

It could have made street diesels so much more responsive if it was designed for that application exclusively. It was an improvement in competition.... failure. I should have gone full tilt from the start. Not knowing what you don't know can hamstring you.

I don't want to top the fastest diesels any more. I want to top the fastest diesels until bore spacing opens up, all with one design. It is a waste of energy to leap frog ever 24 months. There are much more important issues to be solved.

Last edited:
Will you be able to cut down the head to meet the ppl OEM width and length rule?

Will you be able to cut down the head to meet the ppl OEM width and length rule?

I don't think its wider or longer than a stock head. But as Zach said its much taller. I havent seen anything in the ppl rules that say anything about the height.

He mentioned something about trimming gear housing, which led me to believe there is more meat on the front.

Perhaps I'm off the mark here, but I'm reading in to your comments, Zach, that you're becoming more concerned with your business's livelihood as determined by people like the EPA, DEQ, etc. While I completely agree that's a smart business move on your end, if my suspicions mentioned previously are correct, I do not think you should be so critical of your efforts thus far as a head is a fairly niche performance mod in the grand scheme of our sport. Trying to make a static timed engine more efficient across the board is no easy task as we all very well know. That being said, I know your mind encompasses many ideas related to p-pump applications and a dynamic gear modification of sorts is something you, if anyone can, is highly capable of not only drawing up, but mass producing.

Again, if my suspicions are incorrect please forgive me. But to think you don't help our sport or that the original 12V cast head of yours "missed a mark," is incorrect in my opinion. I'm of the opinion that success is brought around by pushing the envelope to failure. You do more for this sport, industry and 12V development than we could ever hope for.

I would be very interested in a head designed for street trucks and I bet a lot of other people would too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For mild street trucks, a ported OEM head is the ticket. For hot street trucks, our current head is really good. That is the problem, our current "competition head" is the diet Cola of competition heads. It was just a bit too large for the main audience, strong running street trucks from 350-650hp. For 650-1200HP it is a great head. That just happens to be a very small part of the end users compared to the 350-650hp crowd. The issue is that tooling is pretty high and minimum orders are pretty high as well. In the past people trashed them pretty hard but I was able to squeek by to sell enough to recover. Our new head is for the 1,800hp+ crowd and I'm not sure how long it will take to break even. The 1800+ crowd is even smaller...... I am undertaking it because I like the I want to see how far the 6bt will go with the current bore spacing using my manufacturing sources. My hope is that with the smaller market and the smaller runs we will do people will understand the higher price. I was very fortunate that the factory would take our smaller runs due to the fact that they have to re-tool the entire line (probably over an 1/8" mile of machines)for such a small amount when they usually do tens of thousands. I can't see a full redesign and retool in the future for the 4,000hp and up guys. That is where the billet heads will take over. CAD is not my gig.

USArmy12v, thank you for your words. My main concern is that with a bore spacing of 4.724, there is only so much piston you can fit in it. With only so much piston, there is only so much valve that will fit in it. With only so much valve to deal with(what sets the potential) the only way to get more flow is to improve the angle the intake charge hits the valve. Canting the valve or creating somewhat of a hemispherical head creates issues with combustion due to our injection restraints as well as there is no sensible way to get compression back up to where it needs to be with Aluminum pistons. The only sensible thing to do is to make a taller head. We have pushed the mass produced competition head as far as it can go this time. It will be topped by someone I am sure, but I have pushed it as far as I am going to go. To go much further, I expect gains in injection technology, not airflow(after 60-70mm cam cores are implemented) will lead the way to more power. We are a three man band now with not a lot of time to take on new projects. I want to go after fuel economy next not the last .00001% in head flow. Seems kind of futile, that is all. That and I want to go fishing before I get planted.

Oh, and it has the potential to meet all length requirements. #1 cylinder is slightly smaller. You can either machine the front cover and port it identical to the other cylinders, or leave it sickly and machine the front to meet the rules. Your option based on how much your sanctioning body wants to see hp...

Last edited:
I think you are flippin nuts, but I like it. Just don't lose everything chasing the dragon.

I think you are dead on in respect to mileage products. Of course that is just another dragon of a different color.

I cant wait to see where this goes.
To be honest, efficiency is a much needed part of the diesel aftermarket.
Some people want power, most want mileage with power as the side effect..
I can see where this would do great things for a lot of folks. Including me, time to trade the neon in for a second gen!

Zach you are a great guy, thank you for all your help. Hope the success continues!

Back