New Headlights, what's wrong?

c.samples.1826

I bought these off of e-bay, Should've known as they were so cheap, they look good but I don't know what's up with em.
My high beam indicator is on all the time, I can lift my shirt and make a brighter light on "low beam", one of the halo rings stays on all the time unless I unhook both positive and negative going to it or unhook the headlight socket plug. Oh and the mounting tabs are cheap brittle plastic...
They will probably get sent back unless some of y'all can help.

Driver side with no power
iPhone3023.jpg

Passenger no power
iPhone3027.jpg

"low beam"
iPhone3026.jpg

High
iPhone3024.jpg

A lil daylight
iPhone3028.jpg

iPhone3021.jpg

iPhone3022.jpg

Even when you get the lights wired up properly. The beam still sucks. They aren't true projectors. I plan on ditching mine for some simple ones like roachie has and throwing some hids in there. The cool looks don't last very long when you can't see

I know with my set (a little different then yours) one of the wires in the plug was in the wrong slot. You have to bend the tabs in on the pins to remove the wires and swap them around. I initially had the same symptoms you describe.

had the exact same ones off ebay n they sucked n guy would take em back or refund my money so i was screwed.

did you have to modify yours for them to work correctly?

yes I had to modify some wires.. and I had to take the lights apart and do some grinding to make the beam a little better. But they are still horrible. Mine aren't exactly like yours. More like Halomans. They are similar though.

Thanks every1, I'm going to try that here in a minute, I'll report back later...

What about the pictures Jordan, they work on your computer?

Pic's was good did u get any of the mud pull at bardwell n the rain? Hope i gave u enough cash.

Well I got half my problem fixed. Swapped two wires around to match what I could decipher from the haynes repair wiring diagram, the high and low beams work correctly now but the halo ring around the high beams still stay on with the switch off. Took a tester and there is absolutely no power going to the "accessory" wires when the switch is off, and power when the switch is on, like normal. Still I have to unplug the headlight socket or both power and ground to the accessory lights to make the ring shut off.
I'm thinking that a resistor wired in may do the trick, thinking the resistors they have going to the halo rings may be faulty. God knows that there is more than enough wire with these lights to play around with....
Any ideas, where is an electrical engineer when you need one?

Pic's was good did u get any of the mud pull at bardwell n the rain? Hope i gave u enough cash.

No, my brother is the actual photographer and he was shooting a website for a haunted house that is next door to where I live... Yeah next month is going to be fun around here...
Yes, BTW, like I said we are mainly trying to get his name out... Weddings, motorsports events, etc... so he don't mind doing a lil donation work...

Need to quit hijacking my own thread... back to pulling the rest of my hair out...

Are they adjustable?

Yes. I didn't need to adjust mine but they have some adjustment but for adjusting to the extremes a washer might be needed behind the top mounts to angle them down. All depends on preference.

These are the ones people generally have the best luck with. No halo rings or leds to mess with just plug and play operation.

1994-2001 DODGE RAM 1500 2500 3500 HEADLIGHTS CHROME :eBay Motors (item 230379539332 end time Sep-22-09 13:11:25 PDT)

they might not be as "cool" as the OPs but they have be good for me for two years.

These are the ones I have except mine are the smoked one, and I have 4500k HIDs in them. THEY ARE F'N BRIGHT!
Mine didnt have enough adjustment so I just dremeled of one of the lower spacer tabs and that brought them down enough to readjust them properly.

All a resistor is going to do is make the Halo dimmer (if its lit by an LED).

I'm not an electrical engineer, but electronics is what I do most days.

These are the ones I have except mine are the smoked one, and I have 4500k HIDs in them. THEY ARE F'N BRIGHT!
Mine didnt have enough adjustment so I just dremeled of one of the lower spacer tabs and that brought them down enough to readjust them properly.

How much did you pay for the HIDs?

Back