new here

Ackattack

Working on a 97 gmc crew cab. Going to be sitting it on a 94 dodge CTD 4x4 frame. Its going to have a short bed too.

I'm working on some maintenance items on the engine/tranny to make it run reliably and not leak all over.

Includes: Oil pan gasket, rear main seal, pushrod cover, 5th gear nut, reseal transfer case. I already did the KDP. Might also get a new water pump.

My planned mods are bump up the timing, "boost elbow", 3k gsk, fuel plate (probably #10), clutch, gauges.

Hopefully that's about it for now. I'm also going to put a muffler on it. Right now it has a 4" straight pipe exhaust.

current status:

CIMG9442.jpg

Oh, I'm also planning on putting on an electric fan as well.

Wheels and tires will also be coming.

I already put on a steering box brace as well. Man, that sure this make the steering A LOT better.

Oh yeah, it also already has rear air bags on it. It doesn't have a compressor, so you fill the air tank with an air source at home right now, then can fill/dump the bags with a little control valve/guage. I think I'm going to add a compressor at some point in the future.

I'm also considering putting on CNG as a cost saving method. There is a public filling station a few blocks from where I work. I was thinking I'd put the fuel tank in a tool box in the bed.

Back