new lmm

coady

i am looking to buy a new truck. i can not choose between the new 08 chevy or 08 dodge. they are both pretty sweet. i am looking for comfort and ability to pull around 20,000 lbs. i am not going to be putting on a programmer for a wile but will eventually have one. so let me hear it

That's a tough call.... 6.7 has some problems but it pulls like a train. The Duramax has nice package. 6.7 has cleaner emmissions, pulls well, is set up for MAJOR mods, has a so-so body and guzzels fuel. The Chevy is lower to the ground, has an Allison, the best v-8 on the market, pulls like crazy, is easy to mod under 500 RWHP, has less problems and gets better fuel mileage.
I've had 3 Dodges in the last two or three years and I'm being as honest as possible.
......but it's your call. What are you looking for out of the truck?

it is a inner city daily driver, but i still have to pull a trailer with my pulling truck on it. and it will be drove back and forth to the shop which is about 45 mile away and then to my dads house which is about 90 mile away

duramax!!
we have plenty 6.7's and LMM 6.6's. hands down the duramax takes it!
i love my 08!

that is what i am leaning toward, just because they are a little nicer on the inside. unless dodge can beat their price by a bunch

yea the chey is really nice. but i havent seen a all decked out dodge yet. but leaning toward the chevy for the comfort

dodge, decked out? psh you will never find a such thing.

The difference between a Dodge with power windows and a "loaded" version..... leather, heated seats, nav, adj pedals, rear slider, sun roof and a DVD player.

if you plan on mildly messing with the truck a chevy is the way I would go. Ride, body, interior are all far superior than the dodge, Really the only thing dodge has going for them are the engines. If you eventually plan on making a monster, spend the money on a old 12 valve and drop it into an older chevy. That would be SICK!

My buddy's LMM is pretty damn impressive for a stock truck I will say that! Some good advice in this thread IMHO.

I would say the Dmax the 6.7 cummins just has to many problems right now.

i am looking to buy a new truck. i can not choose between the new 08 chevy or 08 dodge. they are both pretty sweet. i am looking for comfort and ability to pull around 20,000 lbs. i am not going to be putting on a programmer for a wile but will eventually have one. so let me hear it

20,000 lbs??

get a medium duty.

I think you would be happy with either truck. Make sure to get tie rod sleeves or tie rods and then u will have no front end problems.

Back