New Member but not new to Diesel Motors

Marquis Rex

Hey folks,
I just joined.I'm an OEM engineer who has been involved in quite a few new diesel engine designs (and a lot of petrol engines too).

Specialty areas are Turbo charger matching, combustion, valvetrain and airflow.

Own a 2005 Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins, really enjoying getting into it.

Welcome to the forum. What OEM do you work for?

I don't any more, but used to. They're a company that made a terrible engine rival to the CUmmins engine in the Dodge Ram. In the end Ford dropped them. I wasn't involved in that motor but saw the aftermath and I tried to change the organization but ended up leaving after the SCR/adv EGR scandal.

I've also been involved in the Lion V8 and V6 diesel in the Jaguars and Land ROvers in Europe, and the Hyundai F engine 3.9 (4 cyl) and 6 litre (6 cyl) G commercial/industrial design/development. On paper those engines have a lot in common with the ISB.

I don't any more, but used to. They're a company that made a terrible engine rival to the CUmmins engine in the Dodge Ram. In the end Ford dropped them. I wasn't involved in that motor but saw the aftermath and I tried to change the organization but ended up leaving after the SCR/adv EGR scandal.

I've also been involved in the Lion V8 and V6 diesel in the Jaguars and Land ROvers in Europe, and the Hyundai F engine 3.9 (4 cyl) and 6 litre (6 cyl) G commercial/industrial design/development. On paper those engines have a lot in common with the ISB.

What year did you leave Navistar? I left in 2014 :Cheer:

Back