New member with 93 1 ton and question on 5x18s

If the 66 is a 66/74/1.1 t4 then you will hate it on a ve truck. Unless you like about 300 rpm of useable power. It would actually work ok as a primary for a set of towing twins on a ve truck.

The reason I ave it laying around is it was the prary in my first set of compounds. Never again!! 190s maxed them out with a diaphram lift pump. Way too restrictive! The hx55 I'm running now would be the smallest I'd ever want to go. This is just what I've noticed through my experience in tge past

At least 45 on mine. Didn't push it any harder or further to see where it ended up but it still had some left.

55psi with a small drive pressure leak. That's why I'm giving the hx55 one more chance to see what it can do. I got a little package in the mail today: airdog165,sump, and stiffer afc spring. I'll run this setup a few more times, and if it doesn't cool down, larger primary here we come.
Cummins12club what are your egts like with your setup? Is your pump
Completely maxed out? No insult, just a comparison

Last edited:
I made 36psi with DDP4's and 50psi with 6x16s. Didn't gain a single HP until I advanced the timing.

You never know, I may buy a 14mm head, because I got this super neato lift pump coming my way.

Do it! Don't be a sissy! :hehe:

Instant 100rwhp, and you can watch your EGT gauge peg even quicker :charger:

I'm pretty sure my pump is maxed out and I need to jump the timing gear I hear that's where the power is really made w the large injectors

Do it! Don't be a sissy! :hehe:

Instant 100rwhp, and you can watch your EGT gauge peg even quicker :charger:

Oh I'm thinking about it. I want to push the 12mm ve a little further though first. The trans will definitely scatter a shaft with another 100hp!:doh:

So when do people usually upgrade to 14mm pumps. If ive got 5x18s would a 12mm pump with larger lines and a 2nd lift pump be maxed out.

When the pursuit of happiness becomes more important than reliability as well. Lol.
Do you have a fuel pressure guage 38-55wcf? Imdid quite a bit of research and found out that in a maxed out situation a hpplp won't keep up with 6x16s and the equivalent injector. That's the reason I saved my pennies and bought a airdog.

No i dont have a gauge in the truck at the moment. Though when i set the pressure of the regualtor i set it to around 12 psi at idle and when at wot with no load it drops to about 10 psi or so.

Back