Turbo1967

Turbo1967
Just joined today. Got a 96 Ram 2500 that the previous owner replaced the engine with a 93 IC. Sad...but I learned alot about tinkering with VE's for about 5 years. Now that the VE injection pump has given up, I will finally be converting this to the correct 215 hp Ppump. Last few weeks have been a crash course in learning about modifications to said Ppumps. Look forward to learning more here.

Last edited:
Welcome. I'd of kept the VE pump.
Thanks for the welcome. I had grown fond of it (the VE Pump) after 5 years. To be so small physically compared to the P-Pump, it drove great and made good power once I performed upgrades.

Current upgrade is installing the correct 215 HP P Pump.
I have modified the AFC for 1/8 more travel by shortening the slide end, installed a milder AFC spring for hopefully more adjustability, removed the cupped washer and replaced it with a flat fender washer.
The pump I bought already had a #10 plate, so I am keeping that.
Installed a Mack Rack Plug.
4000 rpm Spring kit
60 lb valve springs with new valve stem seals.
Installed a comp cams 973-1 inner spring in the lift pump to increase the pressure.
Will not be using the fuel heater, so I am using one of THD plates to make up for that thickness behind the lift pump.
I previously installed an HX35W turbo from I believe a 99 5.9. And I swapped out the turbine housing for the smallest one I had...I think it is 12cm. But not positive. I will check on that later when I do more turbo upgrades.

Back