new mods coming

93chad19

Hoping to have the new stuff by end of the month or some of it. Right now it has a 8-blade hx40. 4'' turbo back. 518 auto. Pump tuned a tad. Still working with it. I havent messed with full power yet, turned the factory fuel pin. worked with the star wheel some. But some 7x14s should be coming here soon and a new pump that doesnt leak. Ill throw a 3200 spring in there with it, not sure on a aftermarket fuel pin. I dont want it to start leaking again. Cant mount my gauges yet, because I dont have any of the a-pillar plastic in this truck, Previous owener took it all out to paint it. He never put it back on, so i have to find a donor truck that has it all. Just thought Id share the mods and see what anyone thought, Ill be driving this truck as a every other day driver, and to pull a 16ft gooseneck with about 6k pounds on it.

Seems like alot of fuel for the turbo if you're towing.

What color of interior plastic do you need?

--Eric

Seems like alot of fuel for the turbo if you're towing.

What color of interior plastic do you need?

--Eric

I tow twice a year. haha forgot to mention that. I finally just turned up the full power screw. Made such a huge difference. The plastic color not sure, The guy painted the dash a flat black. So ill have to paint them, flat black again or just keep it a gloss black. plus it will blend in with those gauge pods better. Ill have to get a headliner eventually also. But i kinda like not having one.

The guy told me id prolly be happy with a 7x10 to a 12, but I was leaning more to a 14....But nothing is in stone, till I buy them. He said if it ended up being to much or not enough, we can work on getting me what I want.

I finally turned that full power screw in some, didnt get any runaway.But before I couldnt even burn the tires and then when I let go It felt like the trans would slip. Now That I got some more power to it, This thing will light those tires up just barley touching the pedal. No more trans slip feel either.

we both be eating alot of popcorn. Ha, He said it be a few weeks. Im also having my pump rebuilt with the 3200 gov spring at the same time along with getting my valves adjusted. decided to wait and do it all at once to save the hassle of tearing one thing apart and a week later do the same thing again.

Consider replacing the tappet cover gasket or going with a billet tappet cover while the pump's out.

well finally got around to having some more work done. Got a trans fluid flush and the bands tightened. Now that dam thing will run through the gears quick, except 3rd and OD, Not sure if there is a way to get them to hit quicker or not. Maybe it needs more fuel for it?

anyone ever seem to see alot of issue or people having the issue of that killer dowel pin?

My engine had a new gear case put in by Scheid right before i bought it. Spit the Dowel right out the top

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

well its only $60 bucks from TST and it could be fixed to where it wont happen. Im not sure if it ever has been fixed.

Good idea to open it up and tab it if it hasn't been already for assurance.

No real need for the $60 kit, you can just get a front cover gasket and make the tab out of sheet metal or wire. In some cases you may not even need the gasket if the old one stays on the cover a good coat of even bead should do the trick and you can return the gasket

went with 7x12 injectors and made a huge difference. I havent had a chance to do alot of tuning on it yet. But i think its time for a new turbo and ditch the hx40. I think its starting to squeal.

Back