New Motor: Project ETX Lives!!!

Diesel Freak

Worked all day Friday and Saturday. On Saturday, Jeremy (Loud and Obnoxious) came ovber to helpout...this dude holds one mean flashlight!!!

Anyway, we filled her with oil, got the injectors bled, filled it with water, cranked her over and it started to catch.

Once she started to run without the starter, I slowly brought it to 2000 rpm.

WOW!!! talk about a smoke show...you would have thought the barn was on fire. As she cleared her throat, the whole place filled with smoke. It was so bad our eyes were wattering, and it was getting hard to breathe.

Once Jeremy found something to block the throttle, we got a chance to get a breather.

There was smoke comming out of all the barn doors, and out from under the eaves....the cows were like...WTF dude?

Anyway, as it is sitting therte ticking along at 2000 rpm, we could not help but notice...it was just running and almost laughing at us....SOOOOOOOOOOO SMOOOTH....give me more fuel...

so, 20 minutes were up, drove it oput of the barn, shut it down and drained the engine. Re-filled it with new oil. Had to run into town to get a new radiator drail "O" ring to fill it with 50/50.

By 8:00 PM we had the bumper on...she was ready for her first road trip.

one word..........SMOOOOOOOOOTH

no shakes, no stutters, no surges, no evil little quirks...it just laughs at you and says "GIVE ME FUEL"!

I have about 150 miles on the new engine. Boost comes on about 100 RPM sooner. The "gravy" rpm has dropped from 1800 to about 1600. Boost pressure at 70 mph on level ground is 10 psi!!!!!!!!!

It builds boost FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! almost as fast as a HX35 hybrid!!!

Max load has been about 30 psi and 2500 RPM..kinda been cycling the engine between 1500 and 2500 with varying load to try and seat the rings.

Oh, it's quiet too...almost as quiet as a 3G!!

Pics here

http://www.nwbombers.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32911&st=0

Back