New, new times

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Went to Houston Raceway Park yesterday and upped the nitrous a little bit. Made a couple of passes w/o nitrous and it was actually running about a tenth and a half and a mph slower for whatever reason. Then we gradually bumped the nitrous up 'til I got a 12.281 @ 109.35mph. They also have a scale on the return road; race weight was 8225lbs. Calculator says that should be about 729hp at the wheels.

After that run we put a tune in that we were pretty sure would blow the motor up; it did. :p But the new "mo betta" motor is ready and going in this week. Should be in the 11's shortly. ;)

imelmo said:
After that run we put a tune in that we were pretty sure would blow the motor up; it did. :p

That is why we like Danny. He doesn't sweat the small stuff. :woohoo:

imelmo said:
After that run we put a tune in that we were pretty sure would blow the motor up; it did. :p

OMG LOL That belongs in the list of all time "one liners". LOL

Most people would hang there heads hurt that the moter was gone..Not Danny. LOL Good Job man

wideopen said:
Most people would hang there heads hurt that the moter was gone..Not Danny. LOL Good Job man

He actually sounds happy LOL LOL
Good times Danny, good luck with the new mill :evil

Well I don't want to sound like I "planned" or "tried" to blow the motor; I certainly would've preferred it hold. I just wasn't worried about it 'cause it was coming out one way or another and we brought David's trailer just in case. The short block can be replaced relatively cheap. I did feel bad that it ended up being the last run of the evening- for everybody. That thing doesn't slow down as fast as some of those race cars so there was a pretty good stretch of oil. :p

That was a bone stock long block besides headstuds, pushrods, and springs by the way; another reason I wasn't too worried about it.

Last edited:
so how many passes did you get out of that motor at high hp>??
and you were on stock conecting rods??
great times
robert

I guess about 10 - 15 passes, most in the 12.5/106mph range. It actually was fine after the 12.2 run; then we put David's "Supertune" in there (which he figured would hammer stock forged rods). :p I'm not so sure it wouldn't have kept on goin' had it not been for that. Guess I'll never know now though. :D

Congrats Danny....I hope that new motor gets you in the 11's. You definitely deserve it with all you've been through with that truck.

Now tell David to hurry up so you can make it down to Sealy on Saturday.

*nx* great times man! were you running on the 37's or your stock tires? either way....thats quick!!:rockwoot:

Danny, your truck is impressive as he l l bud, great times :rockwoot:

I would say, "Sorry about the motor" but you don't seem all that shook up about it LOL

Back