New pics on the 07

DCSpecial

Mr. Sinister
Had some time earlier to swap in the heads in the 07 since it was time to change the oil on it anyways (9000miles on it in 4 months so far).

30679.JPG

30680.JPG

30681.JPG

I'm afraid I've started down that slippery slope with this one too...and I have a few more mods planned in my head LOL

I bought the heads of Ebay (they are aftermarket). The quality of the lights is very good. Everything bolted right up....of course I swapped out the bulbs that came with them in favor or the Silverstars that I was running already. I may go with some HIDs

Last edited:
Man, I want some of those! I would order some.....if I hadnt just ordered something else :evil

Hey Dan,

It needs some Bye Now Badges LOL

Great looking truck, BTW

Sheila

Those lights look darker than normal. Did you do something extra to them, or is it the way the light is hitting?

Re: the bumpers...
I take a stock painted or XL bumper.....use a plasma cutter to cut out the hole, weld in a piece of heavy wall pipe (that I cut to the proper angle in a bandsaw prior), grind all the welds smooth, smooth the inside of the pipe, weld tabs on the pipe to bolt the lights to, undercoat the inside, primer the bare metal on the outside, and the rest of the work is up to whatever body shop does the work. Very minor body filler and sanding prior to paint.
I've made 3 for 99-04s, and I think 4 for the 05-07s so far. I have another one I need to make since one of my customers hit a pole with his :bang
It's a decent amount of metal work so it takes a little bit of time to make them.

Colin,
While I imagine that it's possible to get a chrome shop to rechrome the bumper after all of the work.....I don't think it would be cheap.

Sheila,
I don't need you putting ideas in my head too.....I was just thinking that I need to do something about the badges LOL
Thanks for the compliment.

Flopster,
The lights are just like the Harley Davidson Edition and Outlaw Edition trucks....the areas around the reflectors are all black. All the other SD lights are chrome...like what came on the truck:

28941.jpg

sounds nice but you forgot to mention the price...

also could you mention your zip code
and the finished product weight so we can determine
shipping cost....

I can't quote pricing on the forums. Especially not now since I'm a Moderator LOL
That and I have no time to make them now......which is why I've only made a few. My slow time to make them is Jan, Feb and part of March.

I ship out of the 60060 zip code. Normal weight is 50-60lbs.

Through a standard carrier (UPS, Fedex, DHL, etc..) insured, etc.. they seem to cost $180ish to ship (I've shipped to TX, PA, AZ and VA).
Even freight (I buy the stock bumpers from a guy in TX) from a commericial addy in Channelview, TX to a Comercial addy up here is like $115.00.

black headlights are going for about $400 a pair... not cheap, but they look good. Got mine from ebay, I'll see if I can find the seller.

Yep, OEM ones are about $400+ a pair. My local dealer wanted $450+tax for the pair.

You better watch out Dan....Brfore you know it it will have a SCT, then Exhaust,,,then you cant sleep,,,,,Then it will have a lift,,,,,,It only start with a few things

Back