New project : barrowed for 65 dasys

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
Here is my latest project , I have named it : Barroved for 65 days.

I have to build something to race 7 of July when we have our country biggest US car meeting and dragrace. In 2009 I won truck class with 13.0 sek at 1/4 mile.
Last year on finnish guy rise the bar to 12.5 , now I want the fastest truckowner title back.

Because my 98 12V is too heavy, I decided to build something totally different.

The truck will be built with just 65 days and I will barrow components from my different truck projects.

After the race the truck will be disassembeld and donated /barroved components will be installed back to original location

So here will be diary about progress or lack of it.

START
31 Aprill
My dump truck project donated the frame and Dana80 rear axle.

attachment.php

The dump truck 2wd staright front axle wil be replaced with 4wd Dana60 3,54 ratio , my Save the 99 project will donate it.

The truck will be run on 6 wheels and 235/85-16 tires.

More to come and advice will be also welcome....

Awesome idea!!!

Good luck!!!!

Don't worry too much about keeping us up to date, just get it done!!! You can tell us all about it when it's over!

Because my 98 12V is too heavy, I decided to build something totally different.

.....The truck will be run on 6 wheels and 235/85-16 tires.

More to come and advice will be also welcome....

You are worried about weight...yet you are building a dually?

I hope I can keep the weight around 5000-5500lbs , to compared my 98 12v 7000lbs.

The cab will be just regualr cab, no interior, no intercooler, one battery , no bed , only 5 wheel attachemnt for show only

selectplus_wbedliner.jpg

to get more SEMI truck look

Turing my office time, I can keep my eyes on forum

For what he is doing, what he is working with and the time he has, I would guess that six tires trying to grab would be better than four along with being readily available.

I'm just wondering WTF he it doing for the body!!

EDIT: Treed! LOL

update
1 May and 2 May progress

The new aluminium fuel tank was built, this was the first time for me to TIG weld the aluminium (I only weld the filler neck to tank), it holds 30 liters of fuel
attachment.php

and the installed location should be someting like this
attachment.php

also all extra springs were removed from rear axle (only main and on helper remains), also lift blocks were removed

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5896.jpg
    IMG_5896.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5895.JPG
    IMG_5895.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5897.JPG
    IMG_5897.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 0
I don't know if you have Caltracs or not, but if I was home, I would pull mine off my truck and let you borrow them.

I don't know if you have Caltracs or not, but if I was home, I would pull mine off my truck and let you borrow them.

I am still not sure to use Caltracts style bars or build triagulated bar top of differential housing .

Anything to keep the front of the springs form wrapping up!!

What is that chassis to be used for after this? A dump truck or something else? I would probably build puller style traction bars that will stay on and be for the future build

Something like this

attachment.php

Two cponnection poits will be on the frame and one top of diff housing built to diff cover

Attachments

• rear axle.JPG
    rear axle.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 0
A fixed top point will cause binding and restrict movement. Worse yet, it will change pinion angle on movement and cause the weight to shift off the rear.

Since you're building a 4x4, I wouldn't worry about it other than to take out everything except the 2 main leaves. If absolutely must have something, cut the helper in half and use it on the forward side of the spring only.

Something like this

attachment.php

Two cponnection poits will be on the frame and one top of diff housing built to diff cover

This could work but I'd lower the top forward linking position down so that the link was pretty much horizontal. This would have the least effect on pinion angle.

Drag racing isn't my thing but even in 4x4 I sure noticed less wind up in the rear end with the cal trac's and that was with a full spring pack. I'm sure it would have wound up like a mo-fo with only two leafs.

Anything to keep the front of the springs form wrapping up!!

What is that chassis to be used for after this? A dump truck or something else? I would probably build puller style traction bars that will stay on and be for the future build

Actually the shassy will be dismantled, the front axle will be installed back to my 99 4x4 and rear axle will installed to 3rd gen 2wd frame. The frame will remain useless.

A fixed top point will cause binding and restrict movement. Worse yet, it will change pinion angle on movement and cause the weight to shift off the rear.

Since you're building a 4x4, I wouldn't worry about it other than to take out everything except the 2 main leaves. If absolutely must have something, cut the helper in half and use it on the forward side of the spring only.

Hey Brandon
Do yo reccoment something like this :

2963940234_large.jpg

or regular style bars
4495232589_0777588552.jpg

Those 2 leaf springs are as soft as stock 1500 ram rear springs

Back