New Rack plug, now missing

sdime89

sdime89
just installed rack plug in my pump now its got this bad miss, you can feel the truck and the motor shake its bad also you can hear the dead miss through the exhaust. It had a small miss before i installed the plug that was hardly noticable i thought it was maybe a dirty injector but now its way worse.... i crack the lines and all but #5 cyl bogs down. it still sprays fuel im lost any help is greatly appreciated

Tell us the whole story. What else did you have apart when you installed the plug?

nothin just ground the cover popped it out and installed new idk what it is

I changed inj still same thing... Could it be a delivery valve?

Last edited:
so i rechecked the miss now #5 and #6 are dead it fuels out the pump but with low pressure it seems like this because its like a spit instead of a stream of fuel. could the plunger/barrel going bad or has anyone heard of a delivery valve bad??

Do the barrels turn on 5 and 6 when you try and lossen the injector lines?

i havent checked the fuel pressure yet and the barrels havent moved as far as i see

today i took all the dv's out inspected the pump to see if it had a stuck plunger everything looked good reinstalled them started it up and it picked up cyl 5... cyl6 is still missing, changed the injector and still same thing. im lost

Back