NEW "reman" INDUSTRIAL INJECTION VP44 won't start

Does the wait to start light come on when you turn the key on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

this thread remind ya of anythingLOL

Oh just a bit but his has a controller or pdc not providing power lol

Any idea if the batteries had recently died or if the previous owner replaced the cluster or pcm?

I don't even know how to begin checking all the wiring but I checked the plug to the pump and it has power when it needs it and ground. I checked the blue with red tracer wire which is the one that shuts the pump off and it is workong properly. Only has power when you turn the key off. So I'm not sure what is telling it to not start. I ran the jumper wires to the same posts on the pump that have power and ground in the plug and it runs. But plug it back in and it doesn't start. So I'm a little lost at the moment. It seems to be a good connection in the plug when you plug it in.

You have something purposefully killing voltage to the pump. Snedge did hit on the relay that provides power to the vp. Need to attack it from that angle. I asked the questions above for a very specific reason. Answer if you can please.

The wait to start light comes on when you turn the key on but goes out after a second or two because the grid heater is unhooked becaise the intake is off. After a while the wait to start light flashes on and off, not sure if that's related to it bein unhooked

The wait to start light comes on when you turn the key on but goes out after a second or two because the grid heater is unhooked becaise the intake is off. After a while the wait to start light flashes on and off, not sure if that's related to it bein unhooked

I called bluechipdiesel and man is that guy good! He at least got me one step closer! He said to unplug the plug closest to the fender on the pcm, unplugged it and it fires right up! He said there's a problem somewhere that's interfering with the injection pump telling it to not run

Back