New TDI Forged piston

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
got my pistons in for Project X "The Beetle " , one day to late for the Texas Mile , They are 90 grams lighter

GHTDI4.jpg

GHTDI2.jpg

GHTDI3.jpg

GHTDI5.jpg

You will not believe the Nazis on the TDI site, they banned me for showing these pistons, I guess if they are not made in Germany then you’re just SOL N

Cool to see these, I have a few questions since you are sharing. No oil passage to cool the crown with oil from the piston squirters? Whats the idea with the radial holes? Why anodize instead of ceramic coat? What CR does that bowl get you?

We hard anodize them to make the ring lands survive, they are coated on top of that as well, and skirts. The compression is up to you each set is custom , you can have any compression ratio , valve pocket , and compression height , meaning you could offset the PR crank to the ALH pin and so a stroker.
There pistons are 16.2 to 1 for land speed racing , I would run a higher compression for the street or drag racing

I'm still curious about the oil cooling & the radial holes. I'm not saying anything's wrong with it, just interested in the design thought process on those features. Also why anodize over ceramic coating. Again nothing wrong with ano, just interested in the racers perspective.

O I C, the ceramic is over the ano on the top. Still curious about the oil bits tho...

Looks nice!

Doesn't it have any omega shape at all?
Have tested with different bowl shapes?
Are the valve pockets deeper and wider or just stock?
What piston to bore clearence do you need to run those?
Do you use total seal kind of toprings?

Sorry, lot of questions..
I like it someone makes forged TDI pistons finaly :)
I looking forward for the results!

Johan

Back