New to Board

amrush2112

Only a rookie here....
Thought I'd say hi to board...so here's what I do....old stuff and have a 2002 GMC Sierra HD that had a Duramax (died) and transplanted a Cummins 12v and a NV4500 5 speed. Getting a solid front axle soon but is my daily driver. Why? Because not a fan of the Duramax and how much of a PITA it is to work on. So let the bashing begin! Lol.:lolly:

Well I cant make everyone happy so it goes with the territory. For the record it was and is a giant PITA to convert but it so far has been worth it. The computer delete is a bit challenging and had to convert to mechanical gauges (in the process now). Pretty happy with it so far.

:hehe: I probably should've put "J/K" under that somewhere. It doesnt matter what you do with it, b/c its your truck.
But you could've converted it to an LLY, too. ;) Welcome to CompD. :)

Thanks! No I am pretty used to the purist replies so I have very thick skin. I don't really have anything against Duramax.....just not a big fan and changing an injection pump on one of those is a HUGE job! But then again so was the conversion so meh...choose your poison I guess...it all is the same in the end. Lol!

Thought I'd say hi to board...so here's what I do....old stuff and have a 2002 GMC Sierra HD that had a Duramax (died) and transplanted a Cummins 12v and a NV4500 5 speed. Getting a solid front axle soon but is my daily driver. Why? Because not a fan of the Duramax and how much of a PITA it is to work on. So let the bashing begin! Lol.:lolly:

Welcome to the board, and I fully support your conversion decision!

Back