New to Comp D

rattlinrotary

Hey guys I'm new to the forum but not to the community. I own a first gen Dodge that was my first vehicle. I've taken it from a rusted pile of junk to a pristine daily driver and now to a clapped out street truck. I've previously put down 311hp and 840ft lbs with it on my last setup but now its compounded and has the "unreliable" 14mm VE. Really looking forward to talking with you guys as to what I can do to squeeze every last bit of power out of the thing while staying a rotary pump.

I also have a 1950 Dodge pickup that I inherited when my father passed that is 4bt swapped. The engine came from a Vermeer underground boring machine, the transmission is a 4 speed manual from a mid 80's Ford Van, the rear end is a 60's Ford 9" with very low gearing for highway driving, the front end is a tube Mustang II. The truck itself is currently under construction (but driveable). This year it should be receiving air conditioning, a radio, and a couple other small things.

Both trucks can be found on my Instagram profile @rattlinrotary
Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Attachments

• file-4[705].jpg
    file-4[705].jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 0
  • file-5[707].jpeg
    file-5[707].jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 0
Welcome from NE Ohio.

Nice rides! There is a wealth of knowledge here, few guys that have gone bigger then probably anybody in a VE truck.

There is a member named SmokinVE that I am sure would have input and several others.

Find the 89-93 section and post up what you got and what your questions are and people will help, however, I will say that most questions have already been answered so use the search feature or you will hear about it lol.

Unreliable 9/16” pumps are the cats meow! You Rockin tech or get lucky and find an old KTA unit??

I’ll start with saying that’s a bit big of a cam for our RPM limitations, I tried one a while back and we just don’t have the ability to use them to their full potential IMO.

Keep this thread or go to the “dead” area here and make a build thread.

Someone needs to claim Jasons license plate one of these years, I’m routing for you!

Back