New to me 2002 LB7 - need performance advice

Gamedog3

My name is Tyler Hill. I recently bought a 2002 CCLB Duramax LB7. Its an auto truck with 55K miles. It's got a ton of add-ons, SAS, lifted, 38s, audio, etc. As far as performance, its got an Voltant Cold Air Intake and is straight-piped to a 5" turnout stack (which will be removed shortly in place of a black miter cut). Basically starting from scratch performance wise, what would you recommend that I do? I was thinking either EFI Live or a PPE programmer. I had a very built 1999 Dodge 24V truck that I sold a couple years ago. I put ALOT of time, sweat, and money into it. I plan on keeping this Duramax for a while so I wanna get a good bit more power out of it but want it to remain reliable. Thanks for your advice.

Tyler

EFILive would definitely be the way to go. While I enjoyed my PPE the EFI is a good bit more flexible.

Get a Fuel PUMP Before anything then intake(plastic/dry)/exaust(big) then chip(EFI Live) your truck will thank you in the long run(injectors). Oh ya and as soon as you put the chip in start saving for a good trans from a well accredited diesel trans shop.
Welcome to the forums have fun and serch is your friend

When he says lift pump, preferably something with filters on it. Yeah, a raptor will help deliver more fuel but an ADII with dual filters will do everything you'll need and prolong the life of the sticks even longer. 55K miles is a damn good place to start too before you hit the downward spiral of injector replacement which SUCKS on our LB7 trucks. Congrats btw!

If you have not limped your trans yet you should be good for now. mine held up to 560rwhp before it totally started slipping. as far as a lift pump you could go PPE and just run a nicktane kit. works great.

Back