New to turbo's

Samaras Diesel

Billet steel
Im new to haveing aome power, i just put an edge juice with attitude on my 2000 dodge, and installed 200hp injectors, now im ready for a larger turbo. And i have my mind orety well made up on the size, either a 62/65/12 or a 64/71/14 can i get some openions on the turbo's listed and sugestions on frame size's and all of that? Im thinking i just need an s300 frame size becaues i dont pull and dont need unreal air flow. Any sugestions on turbo's? I had either a bd super b special or an afe blade runner in mind.

Idk the hole size of them, alone they make my egts 1600 degree's and 50psi of boost on my hx35

We put a gated 63/68 on a friends slightly modded 12v. Maxxed pump and some 5x14's and it made it a completely different animal. Spools awesome and rips pretty good up top. I told myself if I ever got a sub 03 cummins that would be the turbo I run. Seems like alotta guys like them

I can't see what trans you have from tapatalk but I'd look around for a 62/74/12. I ran a 66 with the same turbine options and loved it on my 12 valve. Only difference would be better spool and less air flow compared to the 66.

Give Taylor Manning a call, he's the turbo go to guy.

I can't see what trans you have from tapatalk but I'd look around for a 62/74/12. I ran a 66 with the same turbine options and loved it on my 12 valve. Only difference would be better spool and less air flow compared to the 66.

Give Taylor Manning a call, he's the turbo go to guy.

It's a 5spd with a dual disc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No dual disk? Its a dual friction single disk clutch, with a 3800 lb pressure plate. Its the badest single disk i think money can buy for a good single disk for street use...

You don't know the size of your injectors but your sig says 6x.013? I agree with the 63/68...

IMO that's not going to be enough air for that amount of fuel, I'm running a larger charger than that with smaller injectors and if you push it hard enough it will still get hot, but to each their own

Last edited:
there is a trick to running bigger injectors with a little turbo.....turn the freakin box down.

There is that option. But when empty why turn the box down, makes more sense to match air & fuel do it once and be done. With the massive amount of trial and error done by yourself and many others it's not difficult to get a rough idea of how to build for a certain goal and reach it.:Cheer:

Last edited:
think of it this way. run a bigger injector while using less duration and strain on the pump. why run the balls off the pump if you don't need to. this is just .02 on the deal any way. lots of ways to skin a cat. :Cheer:

Back