New tool box

It sounds like a good box the only issue I see is if anyone carries them beyond the manufacturer. What if something breaks? What will ya do for warranty work. FYI im in Ohio that's why I ask that.

Yeah that is an issue for sure, but it's a chance I'm personally willing to take when I'm saving that much money on what is a very comparable box to a Snap on or Matco and they don't seem to have many problems. Paying for a name is a big problem for me, especially when a lot of the products offered by different companies are made by another parent company. Such as Matco, Craftsman, Kobalt, Gear wrench, etc... I'm willing to shell out the money for Snap On hand tools, but some of the other stuff I'm just not sold on paying too much for it.

Same here. That's why I went with a great deal on a slightly used box. I can't see paying 10-20k for a snapon box when a 5k matco will do the same exact thing.

HightechRedneck you truck looks great love those wheels i have a krl box in extreme green its the biggest box in the shop first day i rolled it in the boys were drooling hopefully you have good luck with yours

Thanks! I'm starting at Ohio CAT on the 25th so it's going to be getting put to use. I got bored today and found some metal. I'm building a 30" tall hutch for the box now. Won't cost anything and I will post as I go. Should turn or pretty nice when done.

The wheels are still on the truck they are 20x10 driv nt-1 wheels. Forged alum chromed. -24mm back spacing. Haven't ever located another set like them. Over $400 each new but discontinued now. Rare yes. The truck is currently only a cab lol. Been busy and it's on hold till I get the funds after getting out of school.

Materials
4d0f084b.jpg

Last edited:
Here is an update of my box I have been building. I have like 8 hours total in it but I have been so busy that this keeps getting pushed back. Well last night I put the hinge on for the front door then wrapped it in sheet metal. Next is finish welding the top and then the door. Hopefully it will be ready for paint here in a day or two. For a locking mechanism I'm going the route of similar to a truck topper. I already have a matching lock for it I just need the time. Right now I have $25 bucks in this. What ya think?

CF629239-FB95-4580-9B36-5B274A7A4F45-956-0000029DEA69DA7C.jpg

Thanks!! Not bad for scrap metal and a few days work. Right now I have 30 bucks in the whole setup. Then painting will be a couple hundred, lock is 30(keyed same as my box), then the metal peg board setup is 80, finally the insanely heavy duty electrical strip I got used was 40(new was 100 and looks new)

Hope it turns out good

Oh and a UPOL raptor bed liner kit. Doing the work area bed liner black and then walls will be bright silver with a few lights in it. Game on

Last edited:
Was wondering if any guys are working out of any matco 4s tool boxes? I just picked one up for what I think a really good deal and was wondering if there is anyone else working with one everyday.

Thanks

And a pic of mine
f21971dc.jpg

We have this exact box and have for about 5 years, great box to work out of. Matco builds the best toolbox by far, Matco guy showed us the differences in structure and quality compared to our snap on box. No comparison.

Also box in #2 post has 2 side boxes on it now as well. All together retails for around 40k.

Honestly it hasn't been touched since that pic. I purchased a diesel jetta and all my time has been in it. Once it's done in a few weeks back to the boxes. All that's left is paint really. Which is where my car is at currently.

Back