New turbo came today!

SINNER

BallSoHard U
my turbo died and I placed an order for a vgt ss on friday and it's here already.:ft:

Robert and Tadd seemed to have things rolling pretty smoothly now. This is just to hold me over until they get the big singles and headers fine tuned. i will let you guys know what i think of the new puffer after the weekend. some pics of the oil leak in the old turbo and the big empty hole i've been looking at for a week.

Attachments

• turbo.JPG
    turbo.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 98
  • engine.JPG
    engine.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 161
Nice! Good deal! Tadd is the man, dont think you can go wrong...

Turbo went on without a problem in about a half hour. It's actually a little smaller than the stock turbo (the 72 a/r does not have the large bolt flange around the housing.)
I have only run the street tune so far and this thing seems great. truck runs as strong on the street tune as it did with the race tune with the stock turbo. This thing is pretty damb loud, whistles more than a regular 03 turbo thats for sure. My stock turbo would bark all the time also and so far this has yet to do it. All in all i must say I got more out of it than I really expected too.

Get you some stage 2 or 3 injectors and a good tune for the VGT-SS and it will come alive.:woohoo: :woohoo:

FirstOnRaceDay said:
Get you some stage 2 or 3 injectors and a good tune for the VGT-SS and it will come alive.:woohoo: :woohoo:
truck already has stg. 3 injectors, ported, polished and fire ringed heads, 2 stage nx kit, suncoast comp box, and a list of other things. this turbo is just a hold over until robert gets a big single fine tuned for me. he said in about 2 months:evil. Then i will do the turbo and I think a cam at the same time.

SINNER said:
truck already has stg. 3 injectors, ported, polished and fire ringed heads, 2 stage nx kit, suncoast comp box, and a list of other things. this turbo is just a hold over until robert gets a big single fine tuned for me. he said in about 2 months:evil. Then i will do the turbo and I think a cam at the same time.
Are the heads from Elite? How do you like them and do they make a noticeable difference?

FirstOnRaceDay said:
Are the heads from Elite? How do you like them and do they make a noticeable difference?
yeah that was the first thing i did so its kinda hard to say about power gains but it made a good improvment on egt's. I really think the difference will be seen once I get the big turbo on it.

Nice! You should drive out there and have them throw a set of twins on her!!!

if they had a kit ready it would be on now! 3000 miles away sucks anyway! but working on the truck is half the fun, so it looks like the big single kits will be ready first.

Back