New VE Record

His sig says 447 on fuel. He already said that he had the gate(s) set lower because of the nitrous and thats why the fuel only #s are low this time around.

Congratulations Jason. Very impressive numbers from the VE.

Thanks everybody!! As for my fuel only numbers, yeah, they suck, but it isn't worth the headache of twins to impress people on the internet. 550-650rwhp has been done a bunch of times on a VE with twins. I would care more if my average speed in Los Angeles traffic wasn't "stopped."

Just drove the truck back from Brown's like a grandpa (65mph) and averaged 27.7mpg on the first fill, and 26.2mpg on the second one! Those Scheid nozzles are killer....they're actually more streetable than my 6x16s were.

Just saw this congrats, it is amazing what a little timing will do. :lolly:

But really those sticks and that wastegate setup seem to be the ticket. Who would ever think to try and get almost 900hp out of a 62mm turbo.

Congrats! And X2 on the taking balls to spray that much nitrous! Even with a big external gate I'd be worried about trying to match those numbers with spray.

This is probably a dumb question, but is that with a t3 or t4 foot?

It's a regular 62mm T3 S300 with a 360 deg bearing, and internal gate. The external is a 38mm turbosmart welded into a stock manifold. Harvey at J&H told me it would last at least a few months. 4 years later and the welds are still holding fine. I think all the timing I am running helps keep the turbo from overspeeding. Also, I only turn about 3,000rpm, so that helps keep drive pressure low as well. The reason I went with such a small turbo (as opposed to say, a 66) is to keep from over accelerating it with the nitrous, since the spray hits so hard. A smaller turbo can speed up faster without coming apart.

The engine is a stock 230k motor except for o-ringed heads and arp 2000 studs at 140 lb-ft. If I decided to play with the truck a bunch at this power level, I'll probably need to address the cam, so it doesn't walk off the gear. I'm really impressed that the engine held up like it did, even for one dyno pull. Peak power was at 2,550rpm, so cylinder pressure must have been stupid.

When thinking about it, it's absolutely amazing how much power that is for how little you have into the motor. Its like the ultimate sleeper/ weekend warrior, on the best budget to boot. Congrats! Makes me wonder about the 1990 in my driveway.....

congrads jason. cant wait to see it repeat on drakes dyno, then have stomp roll on behind you! should be good time to say the least.

mitch you should come up to drakes dyno day. i know its a hike for you, but it will be a good time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00K_WId44EM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00K_WId44EM[/ame]

congrads jason. cant wait to see it repeat on drakes dyno, then have stomp roll on behind you! should be good time to say the least.

mitch you should come up to drakes dyno day. i know its a hike for you, but it will be a good time.

I dont think I will make it to Sac on the 9th, hoping to but I just dont see it. But I am forsure getting my ass on that dyno! Spray and pray buddy!

Back