Newbe hoping for some help from the 7.3 pullers in farm stock

kypowerstroke

I want to start pulling this summer at a few county fairs at first and maybe run with the big dogs down the road but I was wondering if i could get a little info on what setup yall are runnin. I only have a custom ts from Beans, trac bars, Airdog, 38/50 southbend and i have removed all the restricking parts out for the fuel tank and the little things in each head, I was wanting to change injectors and turbo, but I dont want to get stuck in a higher class

http://www.swampsdiesel.com, I'm running their turbo, injectors, oil pump and tuning. I have a south bend sintered iron clutch, did my own fuel system. Figure on some ladder bars and suspension stops, drive shaft loops, weight rack if applicable in that class. Really it depends on what organization you want to run with, get a set of rules and build around them. Turbo is the major deciding factor on what class you end up in

-Michael

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of swamps, that being said I'd talk to bean about a modded 66 van charger so you can stay in the lower class then a good set of 250/200 injectors...this would put you at 500 easy and alow you to enjoy the lower hp classes....notice I dint say win..

Im hoping to build mine to a 2.6 this summer. I could kill a whole lot of stock tp38's in workstock. The 2.6 charger would be cheaper in the long run and a lot more durable.

PUT A CUMMINS IN IT!!!.............. :cheer:.......... Quick, To the Bat Mobil!!!!:drive:

LOL sry guys.... just messin with ya.... soembody had to do it though so you knew it was coming :Cheer:

But the cummins would be too easy lol. And I figured it would be coming.

I would say if you wanted to be competitive with that 7.3l that would be a top 5 contender in the 2.6 class now, you will have alot more than 30K in that 7.3l than you would in a cummins.

I would say if you wanted to be competitive with that 7.3l that would be a top 5 contender in the 2.6 class now, you will have alot more than 30K in that 7.3l than you would in a cummins.

You know what pro-stock tractor people cheer for the loudest is?

A v8 Massey. You know why? Because it's different. People like being different, even if it costs more. :D

A v8 Massey. You know why? Because it's different. People like being different, even if it costs more. :D

The exact reason why I wanna build a 2.6 Stroke :group: and the same reason I love watching Michael's truck pull

Last edited:

Maybe that's true but they're not the ones paying for it. And all the while they're cheering for masseys and cockshutts they're wearing John Deere shirts.

30k for a p-pumped powerstroke huh? How much do you think a full built turn key 2.6 12v dynoed costs from Scheid??? Probably not much difference...

Oh i know the cummins can be right there with it in pricing but, yall got way off topic i asked about 7.3's pulling in a farm stock classes and somehow we got in to $30,000 ppumped 7.3s and people cheering for masseys with JD shirts on lol im just a broke mofo lookin to get out of the stands and on the track

Hahaha it did escalate. But then no thread is complete until there has been catastrophic derailment.

You got the clutch and the traction bars so... Go pulling!

Damn - I didn't have that much in my entire truck when I was pulling with it. If I still had that chassis - a little turbo tweaking and using the injectors that I now have would make it turn a lot of heads in the 2.6 class - I need a new chassis.....

My input would be to call Swamps. Don't really care for Bean at all. But then I'm a cummins guy anyways. lol

Back