newbie ?'s

A cummins is completely different that a duramax in almost every aspect. Our tanks don't have in tank pumps like the cummins do. The injection pump pulls fuel from the tank and that is the exact reason why you want an air dog, fass, ppe etc. to take the strain off of your injection pump. I'm hate to burst you and your buddies bubble but I highly doubt he has a 900hp cummins that is being fueled by a walbro.. Especially if he thinks its going to work better than a fuel system that not only pulls fuel but filters water and particles as well.

well he does have a 898hp 15??ftlb at the wheels dodge. its twin turbo with supporting mods of course,all done by him,no nitrous or propane or water meth. also has a 1000hp nova,full tube chassis etc. i think he was just trying to help me out with price and longevity more than compare his dodge to my chevy. basically he said they fail all the time,and are kinda noisy. thats all. and i have also read that there are many problems with them. but thanks for your input

A cummins is completely different that a duramax in almost every aspect. Our tanks don't have in tank pumps like the cummins do. The injection pump pulls fuel from the tank and that is the exact reason why you want an air dog, fass, ppe etc. to take the strain off of your injection pump. I'm hate to burst you and your buddies bubble but I highly doubt he has a 900hp cummins that is being fueled by a walbro.. Especially if he thinks its going to work better than a fuel system that not only pulls fuel but filters water and particles as well.

Who is your buddy? What truck does he run? You may want to start ignoring his advice sooner than later.

If you want an elcheapo lift pump. Buy a PPE and when that fails buy a raptor, airdog, fass etc.

Also, start saving your pennies for headgaskets, its an LLY, headgasket failure is virtually inevitable.

I agree.

my buddies name is rob, and he has an 06 dodge with twins and supporting mods. he owns a fabrication shop building all kinds of go fast cars/trucks. ive known him for 10 yrs and respect his opinion very much as do a lot of others. thanks for the heads up on the head gasket. she's low milage so i might be good for a while? damn ,my previous post really got sh** started, not what i was lookin for.

I have never seen a walbro on a diesel because there are at least half a dozen better options on the market. Buy a fuel system and you are not only getting the + pressure that you need but you are pushing clean fuel to your injectors. I'm sure you haven't had the luxury of putting new injectors in your truck yet, that bill was a treat. It doesn't matter the milage my truck was stock, grandpa driven for 90000 miles and still had both gaskets go. That bill was a treat also. I really have one question, why do you think you need any sort of fuel pump?

same reason alot of other people put them on. to provide fuel volume to the engine so the stock pump doesnt work as hard. theres a 1001 ways to skin a cat,shouldnt matter what kind of pump or filter is on it. i just wanted a more experienced opinion on what i should do, not your opinion on what my buddy did that u havent heard of and dont think it should work.

And you got an experienced opinion from two people with trucks way more modified than your own stating you would be wasting your time. Do what you want its your truck and if you want to be a cheap ass then so be it. No walbro is going to flow and protect the longevity of fuel system parts like a fass or an air dog. Period

My raptor has been solid for 4+ years. If i keep plowing with the truck i suspect it will succumb to the salt eventually. I have heard of a few people having issues with Airdogs, but alot of guys love them. And you cant go wrong with a Fass

FWIW, i don't see where walbro makes a pump bigger than 66gph, which maybe im wrong but that doesn't seem like enough to keep up with a 898 horse truck. Seems like that would be more something you would use as a stock replacement for a VP44 second Gen or an old 6.5 chevy diesel.

Im not saying your buddy didn't build this truck, and im not saying it didn't make 900 horse. But i do have alot of friends out your way and never heard anyone mention the said common rail, so my guess is that its a garage queen.

Your stock fuel setup should be plenty happy up to around 400rwhp if everything is in good shape. I'll also point out that while its not great to run your CP3 to the ragged edge, running no lift pump has been known to save a few stock transmissions.

As for your headgaskets, the last 2 LLYs i did were from almost out your way, 1 had 105 on the clock, the other a shade over 90 on the clock. My brother in law and his other partner did another LLY from somewhere out by you that i believe was just north of 150k on the clock.

If i was you, i would start saving for A trans and headgaskets/studs.

You can get an EFI live tune and a good lift pump done for probably less than $1000

My raptor has been solid for 4+ years. If i keep plowing with the truck i suspect it will succumb to the salt eventually. I have heard of a few people having issues with Airdogs, but alot of guys love them. And you cant go wrong with a Fass

FWIW, i don't see where walbro makes a pump bigger than 66gph, which maybe im wrong but that doesn't seem like enough to keep up with a 898 horse truck. Seems like that would be more something you would use as a stock replacement for a VP44 second Gen or an old 6.5 chevy diesel.

Im not saying your buddy didn't build this truck, and im not saying it didn't make 900 horse. But i do have alot of friends out your way and never heard anyone mention the said common rail, so my guess is that its a garage queen.

Your stock fuel setup should be plenty happy up to around 400rwhp if everything is in good shape. I'll also point out that while its not great to run your CP3 to the ragged edge, running no lift pump has been known to save a few stock transmissions.

As for your headgaskets, the last 2 LLYs i did were from almost out your way, 1 had 105 on the clock, the other a shade over 90 on the clock. My brother in law and his other partner did another LLY from somewhere out by you that i believe was just north of 150k on the clock.

If i was you, i would start saving for A trans and headgaskets/studs.

You can get an EFI live tune and a good lift pump done for probably less than $1000

his dodge is not a garage queen, he drives it all the time. im not sure on the specs of the pump he uses. thanks for your opinion, put much nicer than the other one i got. maybe we'll run into each other sometime as i am not far from utica. thanks again,josh

his dodge is not a garage queen, he drives it all the time. im not sure on the specs of the pump he uses. thanks for your opinion, put much nicer than the other one i got. maybe we'll run into each other sometime as i am not far from utica. thanks again,josh

Sorry for the honesty and skepticism the first time around. No offense, but you are deep in the heart of boners that think there trucks with a bullydog are 700 horse territory.

I believe 4 sight in Johnstown is a Fass dealer( just gotta take his cummins lovin attitude with a grain of salt), and you have a kid thats an airdog "dealer" down in fultonville as well. I can also get you either or and probably match most internet prices on go fast/diesel goodies if you are looking for a person to by parts from rather than a computer screen.

Sorry for the honesty and skepticism the first time around. No offense, but you are deep in the heart of boners that think there trucks with a bullydog are 700 horse territory.

I believe 4 sight in Johnstown is a Fass dealer( just gotta take his cummins lovin attitude with a grain of salt), and you have a kid thats an airdog "dealer" down in fultonville as well. I can also get you either or and probably match most internet prices on go fast/diesel goodies if you are looking for a person to by parts from rather than a computer screen.

yea i am familar with i ivan at 4sight. i will keep all options open for now. thanks again.

Back