Next year biggest diesel event? When and where?

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
Hey boys and girls.

I want to knew when and where is the 2008 biggest diesel event?

I need to knew,because next year I am planning to visit US and I want to meet CompD members.:rockwoot:

And I also want to knew places where MUST have to visit ?

Grand Canyon?Rocky Mountain? ..... ? .....?

Notice: my trip is max 2 weeks

Any ideas are welcome!! :poke:

:evil

Awesome!
Most of the real big ones are closer to the eastern side of the country. Any special time frame?

DHRA Houston, Indy, and TS in Kentucky are probably the 3 biggest right now, but with the advent of new organizations that may change.

Indy is the biggest right now but with the new association coming up I don't know about next year.

I hear Terre Haute is really nice in august timeframe................

-Tom

If night life is something you enjoy (warehouse parking lot burnouts) then IRP is the place to go! Terra Haute is the place to be if your an all out sled puller.
TS is also a great event. - Atlanta, GA is a fun Race...

Out of all the events I've attended, my vote goes for IRP!

Lavon

Irp or Schieds. I went to both this year, and I honestly like the atmosphere at Schieds a little better.

AsTroSS said:
And I also want to knew places where MUST have to visit?
If you come to Colorado be sure and take the day trip between Silverton & Durango on the narrow gauge steam train. That whole area down there as well as Teluride and the Maroon Bells is awesome.

istockphoto_3072971_narrow_gauge_steam_locomotive.jpg

283283283MaroonBells_.jpg

Sept22-rk-LT-Silverton-steam-474.JPG

durango_train_2.jpg

Last edited:
i have to say TS was a great time. ts is april 26 2008 or indy is another big one. both are know for the races and the night life after the races are over. hotel burnouts, tug-a-war in the parking lots, cooler racing. i'm going to try to be at both these events this coming year.

Just keep tuned into Competition Diesel. I'm sure this venue will keep you apprised.

duke1n said:
If you come to Colorado be sure and take the day trip between Silverton & Durango on the narrow gauge steam train. That whole area down there as well as Teluride and the Maroon Bells is awesome.

ok you convience us that is going to be the famiy vacation this year whats the best time of year for it

Cummins Express said:
[

ok you convience us that is going to be the famiy vacation this year whats the best time of year for it

my wife says mid-fall she is from down that way grew up east of there

duke1n said:

istockphoto_3072971_narrow_gauge_steam_locomotive.jpg

283283283MaroonBells_.jpg

Sept22-rk-LT-Silverton-steam-474.JPG

durango_train_2.jpg

This is the trip of all trips for me! Made this on in June of this year and it is way too cool.

Jim

We had as much fun at the Denver truck fest as anywhere we went. We didnt go to scheid or ts either though

Back