NFMS-Warm or not?

Please list the trucks YOU think didn't start because they were cold?

I think what Kyle is trying to say is this;

There are a lot of eyes on the trucks @ NFMS, both in a positive way and a negative way. If they want to keep the invite open, they need to move the show along as best as possible. You have to understand a large portion of the tractor guys aren't crazy about them being there, mainly for this reason.

Well, talking to some that know a bit more than most, It seems as if the promoters are quite happy with the results. They obviously would like the show to move along more quickly and such, but there is no doubt that the class put a ton of asses in the seats compared to the same session in previous years.

Well, talking to some that know a bit more than most, It seems as if the promoters are quite happy with the results.

I agree, and they should be as the trucks are something new and interesting, which is the positive. But the trucks have not won over some of the more traditional members, and those are the guys that have an eye on any issues this class may have.

I agree, and they should be as the trucks are something new and interesting, which is the positive. But the trucks have not won over some of the more traditional members, and those are the guys that have an eye on any issues this class may have.

Yes- those guys can be quite particular about all sorts of stuff... announcers, dirt color, number of bathrooms, etc.

I get it- the problem is that much of the blame of the slow show this year seems to lie on the organizers themselves. If the sled weight is wrong and they cannot move the trucks efficiently enough, then any other "holes" in the show will become more apparent. I think much of this could be solved by changing some logistics around...... Perhaps some of those traditional folks should re-logisticate and they may have a better show on their hands. The class is no doubt one of the most popular out there, and the same folks have been 8itching about it every year. They should embrace change. Nobody wants to hear blown alky trucks indoors, no matter what some think.

The tractor guys are always gonna cry about diesel trucks. I know a lot of tractor pullers and a majority of them do and I have no idea why. Aren't these motors in these mods truck more sensitive then a more in say a 10lb super farm class?

Nobody wants to hear blown alky trucks indoors, no matter what some think.

speak for yourself....blown alky+front row seats=way more excitement then the boring diesel class. when i was there, way more people came for alky classes than diesel. just sayin. have you ever even been to the NFMS?

I'll say this much... the concession lines were PACKED during the two gasser classes I saw Sat... Not so much when the diesel trucks were pulling.

The ones who REALLY dislike the diesel trucks being there, even moreso than the tractors, are the ones who got replaced by them - 4x4 mod gassers. Ask some of those guys how much they like the diesel trucks. :D

I got tired of the 2wd gasser trucks but the multi-engine jobs was pretty intense feeling the percussion throughout your entire body. That's pretty badass in my book. Second favorite FOR ME to the diesel trucks are the alcohol tractors. I just like em.

How many mod trucks are there currently? How many does the committee pick each year? 10-12?

They should of went with the 3.0 guys from the get go. Way more trucks to chose from. Louisville is all about the previous years accomplishments (usually), not just because you have a mod truck, you're automatically in.

I'm not out to bash the guys who were there and pulled, I don't blame them a bit, I'd be there too if I was in their shoes.

I agree with ryan not that the mods are cool to watch but there is way more 3.0 trucks out there

speak for yourself....blown alky+front row seats=way more excitement then the boring diesel class. when i was there, way more people came for alky classes than diesel. just sayin. have you ever even been to the NFMS?

:nail::pop: Ya timmy boy. Ever even been? You just got punked. LOL

Last edited:

Yes, I might have been there.... I personally do not care for blown big blocks indoors..... I love the Alky tractors, but those FWD and 2WD blown trucks are not my style at all....

I think what Kyle is trying to say is this;

There are a lot of eyes on the trucks @ NFMS, both in a positive way and a negative way. If they want to keep the invite open, they need to move the show along as best as possible. You have to understand a large portion of the tractor guys aren't crazy about them being there, mainly for this reason.

You hit it on the head. Most tractor guys think truck guys have no clue any way....................

The fact is the diesel truck class sucked at the NFMS plain and simple.

We can all say the diesel truck class is putting people in those seats but it isn't. The light alky tractor class is what they are coming to watch now. Just start asking the people there.

9 out of 10 people there don't want to see a truck of any kind just tractors.

SmokeShow I don't understand how you said on saturday the concessions were empty during the truck class. I was in the hall way when they ran because I didn't have a saturday ticket. The halls were packed. Just because the farm show was going on and you could walk around. You only had to have a ticket to get in the arena.

With the money that these trucks have in them they should put on a better show.

If you want 3.0 class at the NFMS you had better vote in bar tires.

Yes, I might have been there.... I personally do not care for blown big blocks indoors..... I love the Alky tractors, but those FWD and 2WD blown trucks are not my style at all....

So what the F is the differeence! I personally hate watching alky tractors, but they spank ass and that's where most guys are going in the class I want to be in. Guess when mine ever gets done, I'll be that much farther back. LOL

It takes big balls to knock these guys. As said they warmed up these trucks 1.5-2 hours before the pull. They get to start there trucks and then preform 100% after 30 seconds than at the end of the track shut them off 20 seconds later. For me no thanks. Kutos to all that put on a show.

It takes big balls to knock these guys. As said they warmed up these trucks 1.5-2 hours before the pull. They get to start there trucks and then preform 100% after 30 seconds than at the end of the track shut them off 20 seconds later. For me no thanks. Kutos to all that put on a show.

^^^^^^^^^^^:clap::clap:

Ive ran in 3 indoor events myself .. not mod by no means, but had minimal warm up time, even with heaters and my block heater the cold temps and having to wait so long between staging and actually hooking made it hard to get things lit... I agree a warm up area inside would be helpful imho..

Not to fuel the debate but here's what guys are saying over on pulloff...

http://www.pulloff.com/phorum/read.php?6,145792,145792#msg-145792

If you put cut tires on a 2.6 truck and entered i bet you would have made it in. Its a lack of option.

You guys do realize that this could be easily done because of the lack of option. There arent enough of these trucks to even fill a class. If there was enought to pick from i bet a few of the trucks that have went every year wouldnt have been picked. Theres nothing stopping any 3.0 guys from bolting on a unlimted single and cuts tires and going out and winning the class. Dont get started on the difference between a built 2.6, 3.0, and superstock engine because there isnt a difference.
You realize you can keep a heater on a truck all the way up until the time it hooks correct.

Back