NHRA Nationals video

John Robinson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCEo3QlGiUk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-YN1dnYQqU
Video from this weekend. In the second one the jerk in the other lane tried to burn me down. We had a 30 second staging duel & i had to go in. This guy was a chicken chit!!! My Industrial chargers still got there in time to leave but my reaction time suffered. I had them lit but not where we usually leave. We damnnn near beat him anyway, i lifted at 1000 ' trying not to break out. He ran a 9.13 & we ran a 9.14. It would have been quite a treat to beat this guy as well as win a round in super comp in a diesel....We got very close.

No spray. Just keep it consistent and get a super comp win!!! Awesome John. Yall get to talk to any of the big dawgs that we see on tv???

Way to go John, that's some kick ass driving right there. Proud to know you and the boys and Karen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCEo3QlGiUk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-YN1dnYQqU
Video from this weekend. In the second one the jerk in the other lane tried to burn me down. We had a 30 second staging duel & i had to go in. This guy was a chicken chit!!! My Industrial chargers still got there in time to leave but my reaction time suffered. I had them lit but not where we usually leave. We damnnn near beat him anyway, i lifted at 1000 ' trying not to break out. He ran a 9.13 & we ran a 9.14. It would have been quite a treat to beat this guy as well as win a round in super comp in a diesel....We got very close.

John and Crew that is awesome!!!!!!! The Douche Nozzle in the 2nd video......
WOW what a Puzzy!!! I could never take a when like that. I can see he did not have enough car to be in that field and I am sure he prob went out in the second round, I sure hope so. I am sure its hard knowing what the guy next to you is going to do every time you line that thing up. I am sure some are very receptive to it and well then you have the Douche Nozzles. I have never raced at the level your at but those jackasses are everywhere in racing!!! The ones that do this in my opinion are not racers at heart. You and your crew have tons of heart and everyone of us odd ball diesel racers needs to thank you for what you are doing!!! Have fun guys!!!!

Awesome job John. It is cool to see diesel folks out representing at big events like that.

Congrats John...that's some badass drivig there bud. You know he was scared to get beat by a diesel funny car...thats why he did what he did. I don't thing it'll happen again though..LOL

What a DICK. He should have been put on the trailer for that crap. Congrats John & crew, keep up the good work.

Joe

That car is bad. Too bad you wont be in Vegas this weekend. I'll be down there and it would be nice to see that car run.

Good job, of driving John

But I don't see what the other guy did wrong. He bumped in as soon as you did, within 10 seconds. Once the two top bulbs are on, you are on auto start, which means either 7 or 9 seconds after one of the other stages, the other has to stage or your red lit .

Welcome to Super comp, is a very vicious class , no one takes it personally what goes on the starting line , that is part of the sport of drag racing .

The SC dragster launched, and went on the throttle stop for a few seconds, and then back to full throttle, and chase to the stripe and cut John in . Hence the close times, with Johns good light

These guys didn’t show up to be good guys or sportsman on the starting line, they will play every trick in the book, and that is just part of it

Again good showing

Way to go John!!! I could tell you that to your face since I'm writing this from your office ;)

For the most part people are pretty sportsmanlike at the big races, but there are a few guys out there who insist on staging last, and others that will do whatever they can to throw you off of your game. There's nothing more satisfying than putting one of those guys on the trailer. The trick is getting your car set up so that you can still stage and run a good race whichever way the other guy goes.

Looking Good John! That funny car ever gonna make it to the White North any of these years?

time to spray her
Not quite...That is with these chargers turned down to 68 psi.....There is a bunch left in them, our focus is to make a very competitive super comp car, I think when we will clean it up when we lean on them a little more.

Thats awesome John!!! We missed you at Ennis this wknd.
I sure mised all my diesel buddies. I was not the one that made the call or we would have been there but im happy as long as we are racing some where.

Good job, of driving John

But I don't see what the other guy did wrong. He bumped in as soon as you did, within 10 seconds. Once the two top bulbs are on, you are on auto start, which means either 7 or 9 seconds after one of the other stages, the other has to stage or your red lit .

Welcome to Super comp, is a very vicious class , no one takes it personally what goes on the starting line , that is part of the sport of drag racing .

The SC dragster launched, and went on the throttle stop for a few seconds, and then back to full throttle, and chase to the stripe and cut John in . Hence the close times, with Johns good light

These guys didn’t show up to be good guys or sportsman on the starting line, they will play every trick in the book, and that is just part of it

Again good showing
I know I am the one that brought a knife to a gun fight & i have never asked these guys to give me a break but if you have to exploit somebodys weakness' to win or do something like that to give yourself an edge then i think its chiken chit, I dont care if its drag racing,playing horse shoes, what ever it is. If i had just stayed on the throttle .02 seconds longer we would have had a sweet victory! Our day is comeing. I myself would not do that. Its got alot to do with a word.....honor.....Look it up sometime, It may change your way of looking at things. Either way, i must be making them nervous & i will take that as a compliment.
Looking Good John! That funny car ever gonna make it to the White North any of these years?

Usually by the time you guys thaw out i have already broke the piggy bank & the crew has used up their vacation days......Would love to some day though.

Back