145 E. Riverside Dr.,
Eagle, ID 83616(in city of Eagle just off Eagle Rd.) 208 938-9600

Spring Hill Suites
6325 N. Cloverdale Rd.
Boise, ID(Cloverdale Road & Chinden, near Eagle) 208 939-8266

Hampton Inn Suites
875 S. Allen,
Meridian, ID (off I-84 at Eagle Rd. exit) 208 887-3600

Be sure to tell them you are racing at Firebird and request the special Firebird rates.

The first one, the Hilton is nice and has a great restaurant/bar right next to it and sits right on the Boise river with outdoor patio and great food. This is also the closest to the track.

The second one, The S.H. Suites is only a couple more minutes from the track, has a couple pubs right near it, is clean and typical hotel.

The third one is right on the highway, easiest to find in the middle of the night as you come into town, but is still a good 1/2 hour to the track.

I'm not sure about camping at the track, but I'll give them a call.

Let me know if anyone needs anything handled on this end.

Rob (208)484-3670

how many trucks usually show to this event??? because even if i qualified for it at the redding drags i dont think I will make the 9 hour drive and spend $300 in fuel.. There must be other people who feel the same way right?

This should be one of the biggest events in History.
There are trucks coming from Canada so that is like a 16+ hours drive. So 9 hrs is a peice of cake.

Rod if you can let us know about camping at the track as well that would be great.

See you guys in Oct.

I was contacted by the track owners and they agreed to allow camping at the track on Saturday night. They are not open on Friday, so that night is out.

how many trucks usually show to this event??? because even if i qualified for it at the redding drags i dont think I will make the 9 hour drive and spend $300 in fuel.. There must be other people who feel the same way right?

We're coming down there to race and it's not even our div., Maybe it's too far of a drive, so we should just stay home...NOT.

This event has never been run before. It is the best of the best in the west. The top trucks in three div. battling it out for the top honors.

Although maybe the competition is a little much for you...:poke:

LOL You said it Rob looks like there may be a few people that dotn get the concept of the Divisional Championships.... and what they need are a few :poke:

It's all a matter of if you really want to compete with the best? With any luck the top regional trucks from the west will met with the top trucks from the east in a National event next year. Yes it's a ***** to have to drive so far, but if you want to compete at more than just the home track that's what it takes. Hope you can make it if not guess we'll see you in Redding. Medford is only a couple of hours north of Redding you planning on making that one?

Jeez, after driving 3300 miles in the past week and a half (between diesel and gasser events), Boise will seem like a trip across town. I always enjoy racing at Firebird, the New family is a class act.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Come on, there were 20 Super-Street trucks in Edmonton. That should be plenty for alternates in case someone can't make it!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

We will have to see if Randy will let us set up grudge matches, if guys get knocked out and want to keep racing.

We will have to see if Randy will let us set up grudge matches, if guys get knocked out and want to keep racing.

That's a great idea. The guy who I beat in the finals of ET brackets at last year's Blackout offered to do a grudge match for the trophy if I won again this year. He was willing to put up cash against the trophy. It would have been fun but Donovan took me out of the running.

CLARIFICATION!!!

This is an INVITATION ONLY event. The top 16 competitors in points in each class (Top Diesel, Pro-Stock, Pro-Street, Super-Street, Sportsman ET) from NHRDA Divisions 1, 2, and 6, will meet October 3rd at Firebird Raceway in Boise, Idaho for the NHRDA Western Regional Finals for the NHRDA Western Regonal Championship. Alternates will probably be invited on an as needed basis.

Division 6 is set. Division 1 and Division 2 finals are September 12th at Medford, Oregon and September 19th at Redding California respectively. Only INVITED members will be allowed to comptete in the NHRDA Western Regional Finals for the NHRDA Western Regional Championship. Points standings are posted on the NHRDA website. So, sit back, relax, and wait for your invitation. You will be contacted sometime after the Division 2 final at Redding September 19th.

Jim

Wow, easy there killer...shark!

There will be racing for those that haven't qualified, as there should be, to allow everyone to have fun. Don't worry Jim, I'm sure Randy won't allow unqualified racers to enter your event.

CLARIFICATION!!!

This is an INVITATION ONLY event. The top 16 competitors in points in each class (Top Diesel, Pro-Stock, Pro-Street, Super-Street, Sportsman ET) from NHRDA Divisions 1, 2, and 6, will meet October 3rd at Firebird Raceway in Boise, Idaho for the NHRDA Western Regional Finals for the NHRDA Western Regonal Championship. Alternates will probably be invited on an as needed basis.

Division 6 is set. Division 1 and Division 2 finals are September 12th at Medford, Oregon and September 19th at Redding California respectively. Only INVITED members will be allowed to comptete in the NHRDA Western Regional Finals for the NHRDA Western Regional Championship. Points standings are posted on the NHRDA website. So, sit back, relax, and wait for your invitation. You will be contacted sometime after the Division 2 final at Redding September 19th.

Jim

No we decided we didn't like it that way so we're inviting everyone to come, BIG PARTY...MORE WHISKEY think that was a line out of a John Wayne movie.:D

Back