NHRDA in Medicine Hat Alberta July 19th and 20th

Pat T.

MedicineHat.gif

Damn, it's a long drive, but since it's two separate races (Sat & Sun) with contingency payouts both days, I guess I can look at it like driving 500 miles one way to each of two events... I need to look at that map again and figure out if I can make it without having to buy diesel in Canada!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Buying fuel in Canada is not so bad, We went to Salt Lake couple weeks ago and the price for a fill up was only 6.00$ more in Canada then U.S.

Damn, it's a long drive, but since it's two separate races (Sat & Sun) with contingency payouts both days, I guess I can look at it like driving 500 miles one way to each of two events... I need to look at that map again and figure out if I can make it without having to buy diesel in Canada!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Michael, Did you move? The shortest route from Portland computed by Streets and Trips is 837.2 miles. I84, I82, US 395, I90, US 95 from Coeur d'Alene north to Canada, then Canada 3 to Medicine Hat. I'm sure Sarah wouldn't mind if you decided it was too far for you to drive.

Jim

Jim,
I do live on the South side of Portland, but not by much. When I ran it through Mapquest several months ago, it came up as 833 miles. I ran it again this past weekend and it came up 946 miles! I double-checked it on Google maps and got a similar number. Both of them had me going North on I-15 through Shelby, MT. Is there something about your route which causes the mapping programs to bypass it?

Even if there are more secondary roads with lower speed limits, I'd rather take that route (unless there is a lot of stop-and-go traffic thru towns) due to the fuel mileage.

Thanks,
Michael

Jim,
I do live on the South side of Portland, but not by much. When I ran it through Mapquest several months ago, it came up as 833 miles. I ran it again this past weekend and it came up 946 miles! I double-checked it on Google maps and got a similar number. Both of them had me going North on I-15 through Shelby, MT. Is there something about your route which causes the mapping programs to bypass it?

Even if there are more secondary roads with lower speed limits, I'd rather take that route (unless there is a lot of stop-and-go traffic thru towns) due to the fuel mileage.

Thanks,
Michael
Michael,

I've found that Mapquest invariably takes routes that don't make much sense. MS Streets and Trips take I84 to I82 north at Mc Nary Dam. Then north on US395 at Kennewick to I90 west of Spokane. The I90 east bound to Couer d"Alene where you go north on US95 to the Canadian border. Then east on Canada 3 to Medicine Hat. I have friends that go to Medicine Hat often to race their altered and that is the quickest route for them. Going east on I90 and then north on I15 takes you a long way south so you almost have to backtrack to get to Medicine Hat.

Jim

Michael do you know if Dirty Max is going to Med Hat and if so will you be driving again?

Jim,

Thanks,
Michael

Unfortunately there is another race the same weekend that Brad has committed to attending, so I won't be racing Dirtymax at this event. I was looking forward to getting to race it without the oil leak!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Motel 6 is giving all NHRDA members a flat $65.00 a night room rate

here is address and motel

Motel 6 Medicine Hat #5700
20 Strachan Court Southeast
Highway 1 at Dunmore Road
Medicine Hat, AB, T1B 4R7
Phone: (403) 527-1749 | Fax: (403) 527-1339

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Damn, it's almost a tossup now between driving with the camper (and getting worse mileage) and getting a hotel room. OTOH, I am getting kinda spoiled with sleeping in at the race track, so that will probably tip the scales towards the camper. The fuel bill will be friggin' atrocious, so I'd better do well up there ;)

I just scheduled the travel time off as vacation days. I am hoping to arrive up there in time to run test & tune on Friday night.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Damn, it's almost a tossup now between driving with the camper (and getting worse mileage) and getting a hotel room. OTOH, I am getting kinda spoiled with sleeping in at the race track, so that will probably tip the scales towards the camper. The fuel bill will be friggin' atrocious, so I'd better do well up there ;)

I just scheduled the travel time off as vacation days. I am hoping to arrive up there in time to run test & tune on Friday night.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Not only do you get spoiled by sleeping in at the track, but you forgot to mention the great company you have there...:Cheer:

We'll be staying at the track this time as well. See ya there!! :woohoo:

Not only do you get spoiled by sleeping in at the track, but you forgot to mention the great company you have there...:Cheer:

We'll be staying at the track this time as well. See ya there!! :woohoo:

Of course, how could I leave that out? Then again, you bums were asleep way too early in Billings. I had beer, and the Saturday race didn't start until the afternoon (plenty of time to nurse a hangover), but there was nobody awake to party with!

You'll get a kick out of this - I was starting to do the math to see how much of a used diesel Jetta I could pay for in fuel savings, considering the remaining races on the schedule.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Of course, how could I leave that out? Then again, you bums were asleep way too early in Billings. I had beer, and the Saturday race didn't start until the afternoon (plenty of time to nurse a hangover), but there was nobody awake to party with!

You'll get a kick out of this - I was starting to do the math to see how much of a used diesel Jetta I could pay for in fuel savings, considering the remaining races on the schedule.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Yeah? That's cool... Watch out, everyone!! Here comes JETTA BOY!!! LOL

Just kidding you.

I got 48MPG out of the tank that had all highway driving, and 45MPG out of the tank that had some rounds of racing on the Billings trip. Makes a big difference in the fuel bill. :snoop:

We will make there as well.Got the word today our truck will be ready,been waiting 4weeks for it and mist a bunch of Events.

We will make there as well.Got the word today our truck will be ready,been waiting 4weeks for it and mist a bunch of Events.

good to hear, we are leaving tomorrow morning and starting our 14 hour drive

so you at the track on saturday

You guys have a safe drive and for sure we will see you on saturday.

if all goes well we will be there late Friday night or early Saturday morning we are just doing a quick motor rebuild.....

Spun three main bearings and one crank bearing. Motor just starting to get put back together today....

I'll be there but without the familiar white F350 & camper. I just bought a used Jetta TDI (conveniently enough in ISSPRO blue). I'll make as many laps as they let me on Friday night, trying to get used to running it. So far I haven't missed a shift in several, um, simulated dragstrip passes ;) I think I've used every freeway on-ramp in a 10 mile radius of my house...

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I'll be there but without the familiar white F350 & camper. I just bought a used Jetta TDI (conveniently enough in ISSPRO blue). I'll make as many laps as they let me on Friday night, trying to get used to running it. So far I haven't missed a shift in several, um, simulated dragstrip passes ;) I think I've used every freeway on-ramp in a 10 mile radius of my house...

Regards,
Michael Pliska

You still sporting the big white 350 or did you get rid of it? Once things get settled down around home I think I'll be looking hard for a little jetta as well. Wish I could make it up with you guys I'll be over half way there already I'm heading up to PDR tonight and staying the night up there, so you all have fun without me, you all drive safe and good luck:drive:

P.S. Michael got the new gauge installed in the truck works great and looks good:woohoo:

You still sporting the big white 350 or did you get rid of it? Once things get settled down around home I think I'll be looking hard for a little jetta as well. Wish I could make it up with you guys I'll be over half way there already I'm heading up to PDR tonight and staying the night up there, so you all have fun without me, you all drive safe and good luck:drive:

P.S. Michael got the new gauge installed in the truck works great and looks good:woohoo:

Brian,
Planning to keep the F350, probably forever! I still need it to tow the race car & haul the camper. Depending on how well I do racing the Jetta, I may run the F350 at the Woodburn event, but I'll probably be back in the Jetta for Medford.

I'll probably thin the car herd a bit eventually. I'll probably do a little work on the Trans-Am then try to sell it.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Back