Nick Tane Fuel Filter Adapter

04dirtymax

anyone on here ever tried one, it screws on your factory filter head and allows you to use a 2micron cat filter

Underground diesel performance makes one also, not sure which one is better priced though. It looks to be a good option if you don't want the CAT filter under the bed.

nick tane also has a billet filter housing for the cat filter, that deletes the factory filter head would that work since i have a lift pump?

nick tane also has a billet filter housing for the cat filter, that deletes the factory filter head would that work since i have a lift pump?
Or you could spend 20-30 bucks and get a baldwin, fleetguard, luber finer filter base, etc which all accept the cat filter. That's not a specialty item.

Or you could spend 20-30 bucks and get a baldwin, fleetguard, luber finer filter base, etc which all accept the cat filter. That's not a specialty item.

Those companies make a base that screws on to the factory head? What part#?

Those companies make a base that screws on to the factory head? What part#?
Sorry I was taking about filter bases you mount on the frame or wherever.

Fb-1311 is baldwins # though.

That what I've been doing. I strongly suggest this along with a water sep and transfer pump. Almost every truck I put new injectors in gets it.

Would you recommend this along with an air dog? Or would the airdog be enough??

And while on the subject of filters do any of y'all have a recommendation for a particular brand of oil filter you use? The one that ppe makes looks like it would work good but I was thinking the fs2500 would also be a good route to take.

The airdog has filters on it. Most use something like a Raptor pump with these filters.

Would you recommend this along with an air dog? Or would the airdog be enough??

And while on the subject of filters do any of y'all have a recommendation for a particular brand of oil filter you use? The one that ppe makes looks like it would work good but I was thinking the fs2500 would also be a good route to take.
If you got the $$ for a fs2500, then get it. As far as fuel filters, just depends how anal you wanna be about your filtration. Airdog will do, there are better filters avaliable.

Jeff Mumau @ mumau diesel has the filter bases and filters in stock if needed.

i got a nicktane adapter, was un aware i needed to remove the check ball from the filter housing which was a rather confusing ordeal.

works good now.

i've read that some people lose their fuel prime with some adapters, nicktane had the best reviews as far as my research went,

just make sure you get it nice and tight so when you remove the filter it doesnt remove or loosen the adapter,

the cat filters at Brattain International where we live are only 12-13$ smokin deal and better filtration, great combination

be careful with the nicktane. ive heard a lot of ppl using them and losing prime like you said. but you shouldnt run it unless you have another water seperator. ive got an airdog and i noticed that my filter base leaks a little. not much but just enough to get wet and collect dirt. i cant tell if its the adapter or the base, cuz i rebuilt the base while i had it off, pretty simple rebuild, not sure how i could have messed that up. but i was just leaving my key on and i cant see where the fuel is coming from.

I rebuilt my filter head when I put mine on and have had zero issues losing prime and that was 6 months ago.

I rebuilt my filter head when I put mine on and have had zero issues losing prime and that was 6 months ago.

do you have a lift pump on it?, and where did you get your rebuild kit from? i may have just gotten a cheap kit. im pretty sure i bought it from the same site that i got the adapter from.

Back