Nipendenso P pump ??

horsinaround9

Hey everyone I got this pump with a tractor I bought awhile back and I have been wondering what it is. Its tagged a nipendenso pump. Is this thing a reman bosh pump or a boat anchor ?? It supposidly came of a 370 marine 6bt.
Anyone know anything ??

Attachments

• pump 1.jpg
    pump 1.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 0
  • pump 3.jpg
    pump 3.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 0
  • pump 4.jpg
    pump 4.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 0
  • pump 7.jpg
    pump 7.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 0
  • pump 8.jpg
    pump 8.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 0
Cummins part # 3927135
Engine Family: C Series
420BHP turbocharged and after-cooled "C" Series engine at 2600 RPM with high output rating for marine propulsion. Also used on engines with rating of 400 and 450 @ 2600
Nippondenso EP9
Governor Type: RSVH

This is not a "P" style pump. To me it looks more like an "MW" style pump.

By the part number on the tag Cummins only used this pump on C series engines and only on 400-450 hp rated marine engines. There is no other part numbers older or newer linked to the part number. 1995-1997 is the production range.

Last edited:
Nippondenso pumps are/can be used in tractor pulling depending on the class.

And to answer your Bosch question...its a Nippondenso pump - it is its own brand.

Thanks for the info! I never knew nd did pumps. I was assuming it was a reman pump done by them. Can anything be done to these pumps? More rpm more fuel etc or just better off selling this and buying a p pump?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Iam building a dt466. Like I said i have had this kicking around for awhile. I actually tripped on it today thats what made me post lol. Not sure if I could even get this to work on a 466. The dt will be mild. Around 500 hp. App 3500 rpm or so. Could this pump be turned up to support that power and get it to spin that high?

That style Denso pump isn't the one used in pulling.

Sell that one...they're not worth a darn for anything more than stock.

A mild "A" Pump would be an upgrade from that one. A "P" Pump would be a big step up from it.

Whats it worth as a core? Gotta be fairly rare.

I posted on pull off and a guy posted who is running one on a 466 deere. 12mm with a fast cam 3500 rpm 700cc. Def not bad. I was told this was a 13mm pump but I cant cross the numbers to figure that out.
I know a P pump def has more potential but for what Iam looking for right now maybe this would work once its turned up ? I dont have 3-4k to get a nice p pump and dont like buying used pumps unless it from someone I know. To easy to get burned. What is it about this pumps that garbage ?

I posted on pull off and a guy posted who is running one on a 466 deere. 12mm with a fast cam 3500 rpm 700cc. Def not bad. I was told this was a 13mm pump but I cant cross the numbers to figure that out.
I know a P pump def has more potential but for what Iam looking for right now maybe this would work once its turned up ? I dont have 3-4k to get a nice p pump and dont like buying used pumps unless it from someone I know. To easy to get burned. What is it about this pumps that garbage ?

That one has 12mm b&p with retard notches in the top of the plungers. I've never seen 13mm b&p for the EP9. I'd say max fuel on that one is going to be 225-250cc without getting into the retard notches.

If you mentioned denso pulling pump on pulloff, they probably assume it is a P style denso, not the EP9 that you have.

That pump that i mentioned is a ep9. I posted denso ep9. I haven't checked the thread today but he was the only poster as of last night. Thanks for the info. I didn't pay anything for it so at least i didn't lose anything.

That looks like the dense pump I have on my 250 hp 6 bta with the a in the intake marine engine. I have quite few marine engines, both b and c and I have never seen a Nippon denso above 300 hp. I have two of these as spares on a shelf, but have mainly been going back with bosch's. I think I paid about 1200 new each many years ago for the ones I have. If you find some one with that marine engine or a 210 b with a rotary( works as a swap), it should be desirable for them if in good shape.

For the marine application at 250hp I never had issues with pump, they worked well and long, which unfortunately left me with two spares sitting, and that is not what I expected based on comments from others relative to quality.

Last edited:
Back