Nissan ld28 2.8l diesel

stackx2

I just bought a 86 Nissan maxima diesel from my grandmother for $500. Does anyone have any info on how to tune these. I picked up a small Turbo that I want to Fab up to fit on it and also want to add a bit more fuel. Thanks, John

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Pretty good motors, keep the boost low, 5-7PSI, they are fairly high compression without piston oil coolers so you can run the temps up pretty quick. There was a forum devoted to the Nissan diesels, a bit of google searching and you should be able to find it.

Might be able to find an exhaust manifold as a turbo'd version of this engine was briefly offered in the IH Scout...... around 1980 IIRC

Might be able to find an exhaust manifold as a turbo'd version of this engine was briefly offered in the IH Scout...... around 1980 IIRC

The engine in the Scout was a 3.3L as best I remember, SD33? I drove one for several years. The turbo engines had oil squirters, the non turbo engines did not, but even the turbo engines were not high boost.

The engine in the Scout was a 3.3L as best I remember, SD33? I drove one for several years. The turbo engines had oil squirters, the non turbo engines did not, but even the turbo engines were not high boost.[/QUOTE]

Yep, only 6.5psi with a CR of 22.5:1

Back