nitrous help

tireburner27

Ok Im going to the dyno in two days I have more nitrous then I know what to do with a cupple cheater s olinoids a bunch of power shots three jets three bottles. Right now I have Marine 370s in it with a 64/71 13s two lift pumps five 5ks fullcuts pretty much it. I do have a set of 5.20s sitting around. My question is can I make good power off them 370s or should I put them 5.20s in? Also how much nitrous should I run I want to make real big power but im not externally gated? Thanks for the help in advance.

It won't take much spray to turn that single in to twins without a gate.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just talked to a guy the other day running similar setup full cuts, 5k gsk, rack plug, no plate with 5x22. Was running a 67/71/16. Spraying .093 jet with -3 line. End result was a scattered turbo.

I have ht4c and twin piping laying around but didnt really work all that well the first time

Drive pressure gets way too high, you really need a gate to spray any decent amount of n2o.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That little built in gate cannot let enough exhaust out. Like they said, you really need an external gate to spray any enjoyable amount of nitrous.

No. Put an external gate on and spray your overfueled truck and you may make 700. I assume you mean 700 hp from your broken english. Full cuts and 5x20s are a lot of fuel.

I see you watching this thread Jacob Bayes!

Last edited:
Theres 370s in it right now never said there was 5.20s in it. I said i had 5.20s laying around.

You could probably add 100-125 HP worth of nitrous with that turbo and fueling setup. With marine 370's (5x012") you'll probably run nice and clean with that size nitrous shot engaged and you should make 600+ HP.

If you do run those bigger injectors, and add all of your stages of nitrous without a bigger turbo or an external gate, you're going to have turbo failure problems.

No. Put an external gate on and spray your overfueled truck and you may make 700. I assume you mean 700 hp from your broken english. Full cuts and 5x20s are a lot of fuel.

I see you watching this thread Jacob Bayes!

can I help you!? LOL mine was with a s400, didn't want to get his hopes up :nos:

Theres 370s in it right now never said there was 5.20s in it. I said i had 5.20s laying around.

I am quite aware what you were attempting to type. I am saying 5x20s and full cuts are quite a lot of fuel.

I made right at 700 on a s362 on a vp truck with a lot of nitrous. Opened the gate all the way for nitrous runs and things were not out of line at that power level. Stock internal gate.

I wasn't looking for a specific number at all. I was just curious on the amount of notrous I could run without blowing things apart. Honestly its not that over fueled it cleans up pretty well for full cuts. I want to make it into the 6s this year that's mainly what im looking for. Truck cant weigh but 4500 pounds traps and 60fts really well.

I went from 650 on fuel to 870 on spray ghetto fogging it. was a little surprised. s467.7, 6x.013s, 180 pump with 024s.

Last edited:
I wasn't looking for a specific number at all. I was just curious on the amount of notrous I could run without blowing things apart. Honestly its not that over fueled it cleans up pretty well for full cuts. I want to make it into the 6s this year that's mainly what im looking for. Truck cant weigh but 4500 pounds traps and 60fts really well.

That is surprising to hear. My s464 didn't clean up my full cuts and stock 160 injectors at all. Of course I have read more than once that s464 doesn't flow very much air compared to an extended tip s300 type unit.

4500 lbs and 600 horse sounds like a load of fun though. I am finally building my single cab shortbed and would love to be that light with wishful thinking LOL

Back