Nitrous question

Here is what I run, take it for what its worth. I bought a small kit from a fellow on another forum. I then bought another bottle off of ebay for cheap. I run a 50hp shot on 4an lines off a WOT switch, then I have a momentary button on a grip that runs the other bottle that goes to a .125 solenoid that goes into the intake horn (that is also with a 4an line) and that is it. I personally dont like the pressure switches as they allways seem to fail (twice allready) I also dont run any nozzles, just the solenoids straight in. Seems to work pretty good, I hit 1013 hp the nitrous gave me exactly 225 hp gain

Kevin

Kevin,
Do you have any pictures on the install?
I may have missed the first place you put the first line into.

Comp,

That is a nice setup that you have.
I'm looking for a small boost in the engine. How much will it go up on your system?

Thanks,
WAYNES WORLD

Sorry I dont have any pics as of right now. But I put the first nozzle in just before the intercooler. This is just a small shot to spool up the turbo quicker, then the big shot is right into the air intake horn

Kevin

So if a guy has a wet nitrous system for a gasser can he run both soleniods on nitrous and make a two stage system out of it? Are there any problems with setting it up like that?

When is the progressive controller needed? I dont know how big of a shot I can run but if it is just a little pill for a few more HP is it really needed?

a progressive (to the best of my knowledge) is good if you want to run really big shots of nitrous, the progressive will bring the nitrous on slower so the engine can digest it

Kevin

I am intersted in the SX2 kit. What could i gain hp wise with my setup and some II 11holes. Right now without the 11holes, intercooler and my boost leak i ran the 565hp and since then i have added the intercooler, fixed my boost leak and have a set of the 11holes to slap in.

Would it be safe to say i would gain another 100 or 150hp???

a progressive (to the best of my knowledge) is good if you want to run really big shots of nitrous, the progressive will bring the nitrous on slower so the engine can digest it

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, that's what I figured. So just a small shot would be ok on a WOT switch or a hobbs switch right?

Yes that is correct, I just run it off of a WOT switch, in fact the whole system shuts down if I get off the throttle, which is what I want to happen in case something goes stupid

Kevin

Back