Nitrous to speed up lag

ROSKOE115

SLICKER THAN A FRESH BASS
OK I don't want to hear about studs or tranny on this so just please hear me out. I am running a silver bullet 66 that is gated at 40psi, and I now have a ZEX kit on it.

Here is my reason for putting the ZEX kit on. I am running a race series that requires me to run street tires. The truck is 2wd and weighs 6200 with a half a tank and me in it. Needless to say it doesn't get traction on street tires if I do much more than a loaded converter on the launch. The bullet is a laggy charger to just try to feather in while I watch my competitor drive away in the 1/8th.

My plan Is to come out with the converter loaded and ease into the throttle and while its lagging tap it with a little shot. when I say little I'm talking 15 pill. Am i in the right mind or should I change my driving technique?

I see where the progressive would be ideal. I used to jack with it when it was on the funny car but we don't use it anymore. This is kinda a last min dill. The progressive controllers aren't free either.

Try a 035 jet and you should be good.

EDIT: Depends on humidity and DA at your location, but start with a 035.

I used a 50 hp solenoid from NX on a wide open throttle switch, worked very good. One question I have is this,,, why gate the SB to 40? Its just getting started there..... I ran mine for over 2 years at 55 psi no problems. I only had problems when I started throwing alot of nitrous at it and it was hitting 80 psi,, still lasted for a season

Silver Bullets hate nitrous, so be careful with how big a jet you use Heath

I used a 50 hp solenoid from NX on a wide open throttle switch, worked very good. One question I have is this,,, why gate the SB to 40? Its just getting started there..... I ran mine for over 2 years at 55 psi no problems. I only had problems when I started throwing alot of nitrous at it and it was hitting 80 psi,, still lasted for a season

I don't have it studded. Still a few weeks out. I ran out time and money.

Silver Bullets hate nitrous, so be careful with how big a jet you use Heath

I know the Bullets hate nitrous and this is part of the reason I am asking. I thought about starting with a pill so small that it is hard to even notice, something like a 15 then go up. The race tonight is going to be about 95% humidity without exaggeration so we shall see.

How about two hobbs switches....

One kicks the spray on at say 2lbs and another that kicks it off at say 30lbs. Or just WOT on and hobbs off.

Many gasser guys spray to light the charger and then turn it off at ____psi boost, so it's nothing new.

With that 50hp solenoid it wouldnt do enough to raise the boost. But it sure helped off the line. Personally I wouldnt wouldnt worry about the bullet with the 50 shot... I also wouldnt worry about 55 psi on stock studs either. After that it is a little more risky

dam i was about to get a silver 66 and spray with it what you guys thinkg is a good comparable turbo that i does not hate spray? i only plan on spraying on the track this is my dd. sorry to derale

What kind of tires are you running? can you get some softer or wider ones for better traction maybe toss some lead in the rear as well or do some suspension work. also can just go to test and tune and just try launching at different speeds till u can dial her in!

Bullets dont hate nitrous, they hate improper use!

55 psi is all i made on my bullet 3 years ago when i was running 11.0's and high 10's, i purposely gated the turbo low so it would not go out of it's map, that allowed me to use nitrous.

i sprayed the daylight out of that turbo and never had a issue for over 2 years and over 200 passes. Most of the time problems come from wrong set up, not nitrous.

I'd start with a 50 jet and go up from there. Just make sure you have at least a few psi of boost when you hit it.

Bullets dont hate nitrous, they hate improper use!
I shelled one, with no nitrous; Red Stroke blew one up (don't know if nitrous was used or not), and Buck(HT3500) blew one up on the dyno.

55 psi is all i made on my bullet 3 years ago when i was running 11.0's and high 10's, i purposely gated the turbo low so it would not go out of it's map, that allowed me to use nitrous.
You claim you ran 10's, yet you can't find the slip, so no one believes you.

Back