Nitrous

DirtyMaxx03

Been tossing around the idea of a bottle however, I'm not sure it would benefit my setup so I turn to y'all for advise. I currently have an s472, stock injectors, stock cp3. I still have a few hundred us of pulse width left in my injectors before I get to the danger zone with the tuning. My cp3 holds perfect pressure. My main reason for wanting nitrous on my truck is to make up for my 2wd disability.
Would y'all say nitrous is useless in a stock injector stock cp3 truck? My goal is to get a 2wd, stock injector, stock cp3 duramax into the 11s. Thanks for any help

Last edited:
All the power in the world won't get you into 11's unless you have traction. Instead of trying to "make up for the 2wd" why not spend your money to help you get the traction first. Once you bolt those two wheels to the ground your truck should net a faster E.T. anyways. Then worry about how much more power you will need.

I have a plan for traction. Got slicks and going to remove the over load springs and maybe some Qa1s, along with a small shot of nitrous after the TC locks to get on top of the charger off the line.

Do you have enough fuel left over for nitrous? If you do then spray it. If you don't, you are pissing in the wind.

In the top end? No...in the bottom end I have plently. That's why I'm spraying as soon as I hit second gear right after I lock the TC. After boost gets to where I normally see it on fuel only, 40-45psi, no more nitrous.

heh. i bet you gain 20hp with the bottle if that. :)

geeez, and im miss matched. stock fuel and a 472 crazy.

heh. i bet you gain 20hp with the bottle if that. :)

geeez, and im miss matched. stock fuel and a 472 crazy.

I spool this turbo quite a bit better than a couple 5.9s I know of personally that run 64s and 66s with larger injectors and modded cp3s. But don't worry, they can't figure it out either.

my dinosaur spools my 75 mm pretty good:pop: but I dont have the smarties on my cp3 :hehe:

meh.jpg

heh. I bet that 1st gen will run real well up here on the bottle on a nice 0 degree day. But that's not saying much as mine rattles away.

Just add timing. run a smarty stacked with a hypertec stacked with banks stacked with an edge stacked with a bully dog. That's teh secret to spoolings zeh big turbos with teh little injectors.

Back