Nitto 420s?

cmont58

Yankee
Will a 255/55/R18 fit a 10" wide wheel. I converted it to standard and its a 29X10 but I didn't know if that would be stretching it to far

Last edited:
That's the biggest size they have in the 420s for an 18" wheel but I'm open for other ideas on sizes and tires that will hook good.

Ok what are my options for a good hooking set of tires for a set of 18x10 wheels. I'm thinking something around 285/60/r18.

I did alright with my Kumho Ecsta STX on my 3rd gen

From My Not-So-Smart Phone

Yeh the proxes 2 were pretty good.. They have alot of sizes i believe..

I heard that my m/t atzs are an awesome hooking street tire for racing because they have more tread surface area then most tires and are on the oft side, plus mine as 13.50 wide

I'm running the Yokohama Paradas in 305/50/20 on my street truck, and like them real well. Good width and diameter. Not sure how they'd do on the track though. Probably similar to the Nittos or Toyos.

Don't be scared to run a Nitto.. My 2wd 06 ran 11.1 at 131 on a pair of normal 20'' street tire nittos (not drag radial) back in 06/07. Getting a 2wd street tire to hook is an irritating art..

I'm not afraid of the Nitto's but the 420s only come in a 29" diameter for an 18" wheel. Ill have to check out the Falken's

We ran falken wild peak a/t 02 tires on the silver truck and really never had a traction issue at 800hp. The same tires are on my tow rig now and are great on the street and decent in the dirt. They are a very good all around tire.

Don't be scared to run a Nitto.. My 2wd 06 ran 11.1 at 131 on a pair of normal 20'' street tire nittos (not drag radial) back in 06/07. Getting a 2wd street tire to hook is an irritating art..

What size nitto?

Back