NJ 1973 Dodge Challenger

Mopar1973

Ok I will preface this with the following: It is for sale for PERSONAL REASONS. I will not go into detail, but don't ever go into business with a partner, let alone family. I DO NOT need to sell it but it is not used like it should be and quite frankly I am sick of looking at it. I am located in South Jersey.

Body: Painted sublime green (cheap-o) by PO, body has some bondo but is relatively solid aside from some small bubbling in the rockers. There is a small piece of rust on the passenger side firewall and the bottom of the rear half of the front subframe is rusted through the bottom ONLY. The top inch and a half will pass a hammer/drift test. Otherwise this car is RUST FREE including floors, trunk and body. Clear coat peeling rather bad, however I always enjoyed driving it more then I did looking at it and no one else seemed to care.

Engine- sold with NO ENGINE!

Trans- Coan bolt-in sprag, hemi band, hemi drum, Cheetah Reverse pattern manual valve body, comes with 2 converters, the 3800 stall in it now and a 3000 stall brand new in the box

Drivetrain- Driveshaft is damn near new and was custom made for the car, new ujoints and all. Rear is a 742 housing with fresh 4.30 r&p as well as a recent rebuilt when said gears were installed. Axles have new green bearings, and all brake hardware (10in drums rear and disc up front) is new including the brake booster and master cylinder.

Engine bay- comes with BRAND NEW JUST INSTALLED MSD 6AL2 box, Pro-billet distributor for a small block as well as new wires. Also comes with NEW UNOPENED Holley Black fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator as well as the -8an line to run it. It sits on 4 weld superlites and has skinnies up front and slicks out back currently. Car fits a 275/60r15 out back nicely without rolling the quarters or tubbing the car. Front tires might have 200 miles on them and were installed along with a completely redone front end and a fresh alignment. Comes with slicks and another set of weld superlites with the above sized radials already mounted and balanced. Also has super stock leaf springs and Competition-Engineering 3 way adjustable shocks. Comes with a flat steel hood painted the same color as the car. ALL lights and signals etc WORK.

Fuel tank is new, sending unit is new, all line and fittings are new, car is set up for power steering. ALL GAUGES WORK. The ones that don't work right now are only so because I unplugged them. Has an autometer 5in tach with shift light and 3 gauge cluster under dash for volts, water temp and oil pressure. Rallye gauges, console shift with slap-stik shifter. Seats both front and rear and headliner were replaced and are in excellent condition. Seats are dark green with houndstooth inserts. Carpet is there but dirty. Has aftermarket radio and 3 speaker dash. Speakers up front are blown but 2 installed behind the back seats work. Antenna is broken. All weatherstripping around the doors and above the windows is new, all 4 windows roll up and down nicely and the car DOES NOT LEAK. I have owned it since 16 years old and loved every minute of it up until these past few months. It now represents something I despise and I can't even stand to look at it let alone work on it. Its either I sell it or stick it in storage and leave it there for a decade. There is much much more that I am forgetting, as it has been a labor of love. Time to burn bridges and move on with life, and I think its time for this car to go. Price is $12,000. Can be contacted on here via PM or my cell is 856-449-1912 if you want pics and my name is Paul. Thank you.

ALSO: I have dual exhaust not currently installed that goes with it,,,2.5in to flowmaster super 40s and 3in out to the dual chrome R/T style tips. It also comes with both an RT Valance and a NON-RT valance.

Bump. $10,000.00. No credit is worse than poor credit so cash out of pocket for a Terminator Cobra...challenger must go!

I will upload some when I get to a laptop, in the meantime if anyone is seriously interested I have pics on my cell phone at 856-449-1912.

Back