no A/C again...

Huntingman27062

the last 2 summers id just add a can of freon at the start of summer and it would start to die again right when winter hit... this time around... nope... i drained whatever was left this time around just to make sure i get the proper amount... added two cans... or 24oz... calls for 1lb 14oz or 30oz... compressor still wouldnt run on its own... so i went and got another can... sucked it all in and still wont run on its own... so now its sitting with 3 cans or 36oz alittle over i know but couldnt monitor the can and jump the compressor by myself... still the compressor wont run on its own... i checked the fittings at the condensor, firewall, and everywhere up and down the lines and dont see any fluids anywhere...no i dont have the super special glasses but if it was leaking this much this fast i would have seen some kind of moisture anyways... so whats next to try? cause something aint right... possibly the pressure switch? is there a way to test or test theres power to it from the switch inside at least? where is it and can i replace it without the system draining again... cause freon went up again and it frickin sucks... lol

Just jump the sensor and see if it works then! If it does go get a new sensor.
As far as the leak just take it in to a good shop let them find it! Cheaper that way! Buy a set of guages cheap at harbor freight so you can see pressures.

i can jump from the battery to the compressor and itll run... where abouts is the sensor? if i can jump across it from one side to the other and it cuts on then yeah it would be the sensor... just gotta find it... lol... i had a gauge but it broke at some point and time... so not sure if its just draining down that fast... if so by now there should be nothing left... lol...

With a bi-directional scan tool you can command the a/c to run without jumping anything. You can also see if the pressures switch/es are functioning at the same time you are making commands to the system. Then if you have gauges on the system while all this is going on you would be able to tell if it's a pressure switch, compressor clutch, in cab control switch, low refrigerant, a blockage, or a control module (ecm, pcm or bcm) failure.

well its not the clutch cause i can jump it and itll run... my buddy with a 06 as the same problem but his is the computer and he had a extra switch from trying that... so the knobs look alittle different but the rest seem the same so im gonna try that next... its not low refrigerent cause i just filled it UNLESS it all leaked back out... but easy to check... so that leaves the switch or computer... damn that would suck if it was the computer... i dont have this scan tool and i dont know any buddies who do... so it would end up costing me more to take it somewhere to trouble shoot... thats why im trying to do what i can myself just to see... i need to go stick something in the fill hole and see if anything comes out... if it does then no giant leaks...

Back