no brakes on a 94 3500 dually

scott2001

Its never fast enough
My neighbor has 94 dodge dually and he told me he has nearly no brakes and his steering is hard to turn, i thinking the hydro booster is going out or is out.
How hard are they to install, just trying to help the old man out.
Dodge took him for 1300 bucks two weeks ago, for a stater and fuel shut off seloid. thanks

First check the rubber hose from the vacuume pump. Mine was pinching itself off when it got hot and I was loosing my brakes.

No hydro boost until the '97 models. On the '94, brakes and power steering are two independent issues.
As Dual EE said, check the vacuum source to the booster. It is not uncommon for the booster itself to be bad.
On the power steering, is it hard to steer only at idle? If so, maybe just an increase in idle speed is all that is needed.

No hydro boost until the '97 models. On the '94, brakes and power steering are two independent issues.
As Dual EE said, check the vacuum source to the booster. It is not uncommon for the booster itself to be bad.
On the power steering, is it hard to steer only at idle? If so, maybe just an increase in idle speed is all that is needed.

I agree with golfersmith,
Check the vacuum pump.

Back