No budget '06 F550 Cummins swap

addictedtodezel

I need some advice on a build I am about to be starting. When I say this has no budget, there really is no budget. The client wants no expenses spared.

My questions aren't what is the best wiring harness or bell housing adapters, but what would you do if you had no budget.

Everything needs to work like factory stock and the truck is going to have a trailer hooked to it 24/7. I have a feeling a 6.7 will be my best bet engine wise.

I am just starting this to get some discussion and ideas flowing as this was just dumped onto me just a couple hours ago and I am on a tight time schedule.

How bout just going to a 650 with the cummins factory installed, that should fit the budget

If the client has money to burn, why not a cummins swap? Nice truck with an engine that will most likely outlive a 6.7 PS, especially at higher power levels. To each their own.

If you agreed to take on a "no budget" conversion project without knowing the answers to those questions already....O boy is all I can say.

"No budget" and "not an option" don't really go hand in hand LOL

Only thing I would keep in mind is being a 650 and the statement of "hooked to trailer 24/7" means likely dealing with DOT. 6.7 Cummins would be my preference, but I wouldn't just throw one with delete plates and a tuner in it. I'd make sure to have everything to a T so you don't have some exorbantly priced truck that DOT won't let you drive.

Include a big C sticker on the window for free too.

If you agreed to take on a "no budget" conversion project without knowing the answers to those questions already....O boy is all I can say.

You're right, I'm not the most knowledgable person on engine swaps, but I consider myself to know more than the average person about the Cummins engine and I know how to turn a wrench. This is why I came here to ask for ideas and help from people with more knowledge than I.

What would be my best options for transmission? Is there anything on the market that would allow me to hook up a 6r140?

Ps. It will have two big C's flying on the back window, just to let em know.

When I checked into swapping a Cummins into my '12 nobody was making adapter for the 6r140 yet.. but Destroked told me I could pay them to do the conversion and they would use the truck for R&D..lol

Back