No budget 6.4 mods. Help.

elite also has 120 hp and 150 hp injectors but you would need the whole new fuel system for it (moddified HPFP, and stage 2 fuel system) they also have tow power turbos and a set of high power turbos as well

The truck won't be a good tow rig after all of these mods?

my apolagies, i didnt notice the ? at the end of your post. yes it would be. not really with that tune but it would be a bullet proof tow rig. so i dont know what he's talking about.

why does everyone keep recommending suncoast, i thought the 6.4 trans was similar to the 6.0. if so there has only been one place that has really been successful keeping them reliable and that is NADP which uses a suncoast torque converter. Elite diesel is the place to go for everything else. ATS is a joke, for a company that could be great but they let there customer service ruin them.

6.4 makes a lot more power than a 6.0 can. With no budget, the 6.4 can really put out some power, and the stock trans would need to be upgraded for the ridiculous amount of mods he's considering.

I didn't mention new turbos, fuel system, or injectors because those are relatively new to the 6.4 game. They have potential of making hellacious numbers on fuel alone but a handful of people are running these right now, as far as I know.

As for the towing comments, I think if he used his no budget mindset to mod that truck, and wants to tow heavily with that much HP, he's asking for it. There are a lot of factors that need to be covered to make it bullet proof. Plus, very few have gone balls to the wall on mods to know what combo's work best. It sounds like he is really new to the game, and will rely on advice for mods.

I think if he dropped his truck off at Elite or Rudy's to let them do $$$$$ amount of work, he could have a great rig in the end that's stupid fast and surely dependable.

NADP trans uses red alto clutches... same as suncoast... From what i have heard cryo'd shafts are the way to go suncoast clutch packs and converter, direct soleniod, Elite does do one more modification to their trans that they have done on the 6.0's that have been working pretty well. Thats the route I'm going to go when its time.

red alto clutches !! i hear they are thin, especialy the race pack Red Alto's.
-BTS uses OEM clutch packs, but makes room for more of them, or so i hear.

BTS vs. Suncoast vs. ATS, id go BTS, JMO..

I dont know if BTS does it like that, but thats what john woods does. He machines the last steel (usually really thick) and the pistion, to accomodate another factory clutch friction and steel.

Elite does the same thing with the 5r110 out of the 6.0's but with the suncoast parts, IIRC they use suncoast clutches and add another clutch to the overdrive pack (additional to what suncoast already adds)

in a reg cab yes you can.

Eric from innovative ran 11.7 with just a tune, intake, exhaust and a pretty mild nitrous set up total jet diameter was .073 i belive

red alto clutches !! i hear they are thin, especialy the race pack Red Alto's.
-BTS uses OEM clutch packs, but makes room for more of them, or so i hear.

BTS vs. Suncoast vs. ATS, id go BTS, JMO..

BTS does not use stock clutch packs, hearsay is most often far from fact.

I'd use Suncoast for 6.4 trans parts, unless BTS is now doing 6.4 5R110's.

Dave

If your friend has a unlimited budget just tell him to drop the truck of with a professional shop and tell them to make it as nasty as possible and to just buy another truck to haul with.

Back