No electrical power to lift pump issues

LKuilder

I went to start my truck and the lift pump did not kick on and cycle when I turned the key on, nor did it kick on when I bumped the starter. I got looking around with a test light and narrowed down my problem to where I was not getting power to the plug for the stock lift pump. I have my FASS system wired in with the harness that came with it that gets the power to turn on the FASS relay from the plug that went into the factory lift pump. I was not getting power to that plug. After cycling the key a few times I would get power to that plug when I first turned the key on and then it would shut off like normal, but not come back on if I bumped the starter. Now I get nothing when the key is first turned on but it works fine as soon as I bump the starter and runs fiine also. One other thing I noticed now that the pump does not cycle when the key is turned on is that the "wait to start" light does not come on either. Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Also, I scanned for codes with a ScanGauge II and I have no codes showing up.

I also made a jumper wire to go in the FASS harness where the relay goes in to jumper between the 12v+ coming in from the battery to the power going to the FASS pump and the truck runs with this.

The truck runs fine right now but I am keeping the jumper wire with me as a backup to keep me going just in case.

On my way home this afternoon the truck threw a p0336 code. Would that crankshaft position sensor being bad cause these problems? I replaced it once about 2 years ago with a new one right from Cummins here in Nashville but that doesn't mean its not bad again.

Back