No first gear extremly slow takeoff in Drive

wwm

TO MANY TRUCKS
i have a 97 powerstroke that is having trouble accelerating out of drive but when i drop it into first it accelerates close to normal but when i shift to second it does not shift up it seems that it is always in second but in drive i feel like im starting in third everything else is normal we think it may be out of adjustment somewhere or a bad tranny that lost first somehow ?

any help is appreciated

Can you get the codes? Sounds like you lost the shift solenoid. Manually shifting it forces it in gear via pressure not solenoids... had to explain. Try and get codes.

well continued driving it now shifts in and out of o/d lockup and the light on the od on/off is blinking whitch is what ive read is a bad sign how can i get the codes without a scanner ?

Check your wires down and around trans and tcase. I had a similar problem. Also check your fluid and or change fluid and filter.

we had a leaky front seal so we drained and dropped the transmission out the new seal on put it back in and filled it back up so it ran fine for about a week then coming home one day from school i just started loosing power out of drive, but when we drained the fluid it looked totally perfect no burnt smell no shavings and the trany pan tempreture was 142*

all the wires are good

Clean the connection at the solenoid pack, also make sure it stays dry. If connection looks beat up, Ford sells a repair harness.

Back