no headlights

Lostnwalmart

So have checked the relays, fuses, and replaced the switch but still no headlights? Wgat am I missing? Bulbs are good still also. Going to bring the multimeter home tonight to try and fiure out what it is. Ni headlights means nk fun in mexico :-(

Use the meter across the fuses. I thought I had good fuses in my tail and break lights. Turned out they were bad and I couldn't see the bad spot because it was so fine.

Relay under the hood, did that year truck have the dimming module yet or no?

Could be the multi-function switch also. Try cycling it several times from low to high beams several times.

Were there any burnt wires or plastic on the back of the headlight switch? There is an updated switch with a new repair harness for this problem.

When my switch went out I had to replace about 4" of the harness from it being melted, the new switch came with some wiring.

Were there any burnt wires or plastic on the back of the headlight switch? There is an updated switch with a new repair harness for this problem.

There was one burnt contact but I replaced the wiering harness along with the switch. I am going to check the connections I made tonight with the multimeter.

Or even a test light. Do you have power at the headlights? What about ground? Maybe the ground wire broke.

any thing else not working ? or just the head light bulbs high and low

Back