No headlights

bd blk 12v

Fixen broken bulldogs
Hello. I'm sure this has been asked before I have been searching. I have a 96 ram 2500 it has 352k on it. I let my brother use it during the harsh colorado winter. He was driving it back to southern New Mexico and the headlights quit. We pulled the switch found the pigtail harness off the switch melted. I found a recall 819. I haven't called the dealer and asked. It looks like it says effected are 3500 series trucks. What is the best way to repair this problem? Should I purchase the recall parts or have dodge buy them? Should I wire the new harness and switch and install relays on the headlight circuit? Thanks for the help.

You will need relays with any route you go, in order to take the load off the switch. If you can get it covered under recall, have it repaired, and then either build your own harness or buy one somewhere like LMC truck parts.
You might get lucky and find a donor truck to get a newer pigtail for the switch from if you repair it yourself.

If the Foo Shyts, wear it.

Wunderwood what wiring did you buy? My brother has a 97 parts truck I could get the harness from the switch if this is the one your talking about. Thanks

I bought an upgraded wiring harness/kit from my Dodge dealer when I fixed my 94.

Back