No heater delete or heater? Will it work?

SCHOOL BUS

DLRA T-O
Ok, my stock intake plate with the built in heater is warped and leaking. I'm looking at getting one of the bullet ones that doesn't have a heater. Will my intake bolt up with out or do I have to have a heater delete? Didn't know of it will not line up or what. I know I'd have to get shorter bolts. Just trying to save money. Let me know if you have run without a grid heater or delete.

yeah i know. the original owner had powdercoated it so maybe that heat had something to do with it also.

Any 1st gen or medium duty cummins plates have the removable heater thats not cast into it. I have one laying here off of mine before i put a twin ram on.

My '94 engine also came with a separate intake plate and grid heater. Should be easy/cheap to pick up such an item.

The plate without the grid heater is under $20 from Cummins, but you'll need a grid heater or delete for the intake to bolt up. The delete added 15 peak hp and as much as 30 hp more from 2800-3200 on my 97.

The plate without the grid heater is under $20 from Cummins, but you'll need a grid heater or delete for the intake to bolt up. The delete added 15 peak hp and as much as 30 hp more from 2800-3200 on my 97.

Wow, maybe I out to delete the grid heater elements on my 95' Junker!!! I've already removed the relays and wiring for it, so it's just there because I'm too lazy to gut it.....

Wow, maybe I out to delete the grid heater elements on my 95' Junker!!! I've already removed the relays and wiring for it, so it's just there because I'm too lazy to gut it.....
I never thought it was worth that much power, but when I was doing a DV comparison between 191's and 024's my truck was down on hp. I started to pull it apart to throw the 024's in I noticed that the grid heater was in:bang put the delete back in and I got some power back.

It's pretty amazing how little things like that add up, my truck would be nowhere near what it is if I didn't have the use of a dyno to tune it and compare different parts.

I never thought it was worth that much power, but when I was doing a DV comparison between 191's and 024's my truck was down on hp. I started to pull it apart to throw the 024's in I noticed that the grid heater was in:bang put the delete back in and I got some power back.

It's pretty amazing how little things like that add up, my truck would be nowhere near what it is if I didn't have the use of a dyno to tune it and compare different parts.

Amen, I wish I had that resource.

Do you have the 1st gen plate part number or a site where I could find it?

I probably have a couple laying around too one piece and two piece.
I always just pull the elements out of the factory heater/spacer and re-assemble. Simple and free.

Good to know it was possibly worth a couple HP.

I noticed a difference when I deleted mine too. I took it out to see if I would gain mpg and I gained power. Its a little smokey on cold starts but plugging in the block heater cures that.

Back