No lockup/OD

GorillaDave

Aníbal Catastrophe
47 re no lock up no OD. Gen light is on. Won't shift into first at all. OD selector button has no effect and won't light when depressed. No manual lock up via switch. Suggestions?

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Well if you have low enough voltage the powertrain relay won't pull in which won't provide power for the lockup, OD, or the gov solenoid to pull in(which when it is full on that is 1st gear)

So sounds like you have lost 12V to feed the transmission.

Last edited:
Sounds like an alt will solve my issues. 9.8v running isn't gonna be enough. I checked the connections at the PCM and all are good as well as at the driver side. I only live about 30 mi from work so hopefully I can get it home and keep the batteries charged until payday.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Just discovered I have no cruise either. Maybe PCM?

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

As far as I can tell everything else is functional. Ac works all lights work the overhead display seems to be functioning.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359170585.690537.jpgCruising at 2k. There should be a way to bypass the PCM to test right?

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Pcm lost power or is fried. Have same issues right now. Post what u find

Will do. I am at work out of county all week so when I get a day off I will tear into it, but from what I have read the PCM is my culprit.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

I can get a blank PCM from rock auto for 320ish. Does anybody offer one that is already flashed so I don't have to go to the local stealership?

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

I have 97 12V 4wd and I bought PCM from rockauto. I dind´t have to flashed it from dealership.
It was ready to use.

hook up a scanner to it first, same thing happened to me n a shop told me i needed a pcm a shop told me i needed a tps, after doing some digging i found my real problem was just a mis adjusted ckp, although the tach in my truck worked for a split second the signal changed in the pcms eyes it didnt, you could spend a lot of money swapping parts and pcms when you really dont need to, a correct diagnosis will make it a lot cheaper, not saying its not the pcm but its more unlikely for it to be that, other things that make lock up, od and cruise not to work are things like vss, temp sensors and other missalianious sensors, check to make sure your pcm is getting the correct readings before you replace it.

hook up a scanner to it first, same thing happened to me n a shop told me i needed a pcm a shop told me i needed a tps, after doing some digging i found my real problem was just a mis adjusted ckp, although the tach in my truck worked for a split second the signal changed in the pcms eyes it didnt, you could spend a lot of money swapping parts and pcms when you really dont need to, a correct diagnosis will make it a lot cheaper, not saying its not the pcm but its more unlikely for it to be that, other things that make lock up, od and cruise not to work are things like vss, temp sensors and other missalianious sensors, check to make sure your pcm is getting the correct readings before you replace it.

I have a friend with a solous. I will hook it up and see what is going on. Thanks for all the help guys.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Found my issue. About a week ago I installed a remote start on my truck. There is a tach sensing feature that according to the wiring diagrams is a black/grey wire coming out of the PCM. I spliced into said wire. Even though the remote start worked I'm guessing the PCM did not like the added resistance. I cut that bish.

All my functions are back and fully operational again but the remote start does not function as intended. I will call DEI on Monday and see if there is any alternatives for it.

Once again, many thanks to those that responded. I will keep it updated with further information from DEI.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Ahhhh! SHE JUST MADE ME HER *****! Cruising home at 60 in OD. Bam! OD and lock up are gone again but she is still charging and cruise is still functional. Wtf.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Found my issue. About a week ago I installed a remote start on my truck. There is a tach sensing feature that according to the wiring diagrams is a black/grey wire coming out of the PCM. I spliced into said wire. Even though the remote start worked I'm guessing the PCM did not like the added resistance. I cut that bish.

All my functions are back and fully operational again but the remote start does not function as intended. I will call DEI on Monday and see if there is any alternatives for it.

Once again, many thanks to those that responded. I will keep it updated with further information from DEI.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Should be a tachless mode. Basically it detects the voltage recovery after the starter load has dropped.

Back