No Power!

Ol' Blue

Ok guys I have a early 99 7.3 that is hard starting rough idle and no power i have researched and researched and getting no where. It started when i first started it one morning very warm outside no problem starting but low idle with ses on,after about 20 sec it reved itself up and ses light went off and ran fine. I got a ts 6 postion from a member from here, installed was going down the interstate after giving it some hell on the on ramp let out and was crusing and ses light came on and it died. Stopped started again but very hard start like it is barely alive, rough idle and all it took to get to 50 mph. I limped it home checked ICP sensor found oil, No codes were found but a simple code reader i know won't find anything. I replaced icp sensor and started it up and was back to normal. Went down the road went to leave the stop light and same symptoms came right back, oil has 2,000 miles HPOP is full to the top. And i noticed for a split second while limping home it gets a jolt of life then right back to crap, Any ideas i have an IPR sensor on the way and new UVC gaskets coming. Could it be injector o- rings as it seems to be drinking fuel like its beerfest. Sorry for the long post any help would be great thanks!:bang

Check to make sure the board is clean where the chip seats and the chip itself is tight. Did you tape it in place? I always used a piece of duct tape to make sure it couldn't work loose...which is what your symptoms sound like.

Yes i taped it but i will pull it and clean it some more, im wondering if maybe it is the ts 6 pos, it is for a 99 auto which is the year of my truck but it is early 99 would that cause a problem? this is the number on the chip 1180404 7.3 Ford 99 Auto 6-Chip. thanks for the reply

Last edited:
Call David at Diesel Innovations. 713-984-9441
He'll know if that number matches with your ECM.

So i tore into the valve covers one clip had pulled out plugged back in put all back together starts runs better but still has a studder to it and SES light is on?

Clip on what, the injector? Or the pigtail to the harness? The pigtail connections can burn up too.

Back